Who Should OSU Hire as Next Basketball Head Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm going to start off by saying I know Bill Self 99%+ is not coming home, but I was thinking about how it could be made to work. Obviously we VERY MUCH can't afford his salary right now. So maybe we offer him a percentage of ticket sales until the program is back on solid ground. Work out the math such that he might be able to earn slightly more than his current contract if he sells GIA out.

Probably a dumb idea, but it was something that came to mind. I've got no idea if the numbers would work for that at all.
I don't think Bill is coming, but I also don't think it's as crazy as people think. He's probably 5-7 years away from retiring. He has already accomplished a lot at Kansas. What is there left for him to do? It's a stressful job. It's national championship or bust every year. That has to be taxing. Why not come back home for your last few years before retirement? The timing doesn't seem all that bad for it happen. But to your point, money might be standing in the way. He would probably have to be willing to take a pay cut.

The only way, Bill ends up in Stillwater is if he retires and then decides he still wants to coach and OSU is struggling at the time.

But I think we all know that.

If Schertz really signed something with St Louis that can’t be undone, why wouldn’t it be announced in some form?

The replies to this post has a lot of people saying he didn’t take the Louisville job because he already signed with St Louis. Like it is common knowledge but no media has officially announced it. Weird

If Schertz really signed something with St Louis that can’t be undone, why wouldn’t it be announced in some form?

The replies to this post has a lot of people saying he didn’t take the Louisville job because he already signed with St Louis. Like it is common knowledge but no media has officially announced it. Weird

Who knows if this is accurate, but it would be kind of great if Schertz turned down Louisville to coach in GIA.

Sounds like a load of internet crap rumor to me too. SLU fired Ford same day we did Boynton. By then there were several big name jobs open, it wouldn't make any sense to me for Schertz to have so quickly signed on for basically a lateral move without feeling out for an OhSU, Michigan, Louisville, OSU, WVU, UW, or anybody of that caliber to have interest. Very short-sighted business move if so, cause he's leaving a LOT of money on the table in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back