US continues to go backward...

Rudy says that his defamation trial and Trump’s trial are being conducted exactly the same way that Hitler and Stalin held trials in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.

How would those many Republican legislators who got abortion banned like it if their wives, daughters or other female loved ones had pregnancies that went bad, couldn't get the best of care and died? Under other circumstances, why should a woman whose unborn baby isn't expected to live more than a few hours after birth go through the risk of an entire pregnancy while prolonging the grief? I can only assume as far to the Christian right as so many Republicans are that they would just chalk up bad pregnancies as being due to God's will. God doesn't want every woman to be pregnant and has ways of punishing those who circumvent His will. Yet, some Republicans want birth control banned, because it's rebellion against God's command to Noah to go out and replenish the earth. More people than ever need to vote against such morally insane reasoning.

Evangelical MAGA Pastor Shane Vaughn calls SC Justice Jackson “Judge Jumanji Jungle Lips” and says what’s coming out of her lips is “jungle monkey sense.”

He later gives the usual racist ‘apology’ of ‘not having a racist bone in his body,’ then immediately insults her again.

What a shockingly stupid question asked by a Republican. If you know 20th century world history, you know that the Nazis, led by Hitler, illegally invaded a bunch of countries. In their unprovoked invasion of Russia that nearly overwhelmed Moscow and Leningrad, it's believed as many as 25 million Russians were slaughtered. Is that illegal or is that illegal? The shameful Nazi Holocaust was also illegally and immorally done to put it lightly. Who knows how extreme some Republicans want to go with their disgusting ignorance, apparently because they love Trump so damned much. I doubt Trump will put up one word of complaint about that Republican.

Last edited:
What a shockingly stupid question asked by a Republican. If you know 20th century world history, you know that the Nazis, led by Hitler, illegally invaded a bunch of countries. In their unprovoked invasion of Russia that nearly overwhelmed Moscow and Leningrad, it's believed as many as 25 million Russians were slaughtered. Is that illegal or is that illegal? The shameful Nazi Holocaust was also illegally and immorally done to put it lightly. Who knows how extreme some Republicans want to go with their disgusting ignorance, apparently because they love Trump so damned much. I doubt Trump will put up one word of complaint about that Republican.
She wasn’t talking about Germany.

You know Ron Paul is irrelevant not only these days but every day. His significance is limited. He certainly doesn’t represent mainstream America.
I don't know how relevant he is but he's pretty much spot on. Would you care to comment on his points or just kill the messenger because you deem him irrelevant? To your point.....mainstream America certainly has us heading in the right direction. (n)

I don't know how relevant he is but he's pretty much spot on. Would you care to comment on his points or just kill the messenger because you deem him irrelevant? To your point.....mainstream America certainly has us heading in the right direction. (n)
You are certainly entitled to your opinion of him, but as far as I’m concerned he’s too far out of plumb to pass the smell test. Not as crazy as a MTG but always the outsider. Kind of like RFK Jr. Is today. Just a show pony whose ego requires him to gum up the works in order to satiate his ego. Quite capable of bitching and moaning about everything but never offering any salient solutions to problems. Rand is a nut as well. The acorn didn’t fall far from the tree. IMO

I don't see him as spot on. I want what he says to be true. I don't like to spend $360 billion either. But, I also didn't like going to war ourselves.

If there was any sign that Russia just attacked Ukraine and that is the end of it, meh, sucks for them but probably not worth our getting involved. But, that is ignoring the evidence. Chechnya, Dagestan, Georgia are all countries that Putin's Russia already attacked. He is in Ukraine now.

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania will be next up in a few years. Then Poland. https://apnews.com/article/poland-estonia-russia-nato-putin-bf0bc50554182f9c9bd5ea9b1a5cf2ef

At this point, he will have had the country on a war footing for many years. He is currently spending 35% of his budget on the military and trying to more than replace the loses in the war.

Then, he is already laying the seeds for Finland. https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/fi...g118o56vzzp&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

I suppose we can just wait. Maybe we can leave NATO, let him have Eastern Europe and let Western Europe defend itself. But, at some point, we are probably going to get involved. And if we keep waiting, $360 billion is gonna seem like nothing.

Last edited:
I don't see him as spot on. I want what he says to be true. I don't like to spend $360 billion either. But, I also didn't like going to war ourselves.

If there was any sign that Russia just attacked Ukraine and that is the end of it, meh, sucks for them but probably not worth our getting involved. But, that is ignoring the evidence. Chechnya, Dagestan, Georgia are all countries that Putin's Russia already attacked. He is in Ukraine now.

Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania will be next up in a few years. Then Poland. https://apnews.com/article/poland-estonia-russia-nato-putin-bf0bc50554182f9c9bd5ea9b1a5cf2ef

At this point, he will have had the country on a war footing for many years. He is currently spending 35% of his budget on the military and trying to more than replace the loses in the war.

Then, he is already laying the seeds for Finland. https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/fi...g118o56vzzp&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

I suppose we can just wait. Maybe we can leave NATO, let him have Eastern Europe and let Western Europe defend itself. But, at some point, we are probably going to get involved. And if we keep waiting, $360 billion is gonna seem like nothing.
The problem is we just stick our toe in. We continue to feed the grift in Ukraine in a war that they will eventually lose, IMO it’s inevitable at this point, Russia will get most of what they wanted, and then we’ll spend trillions re-building Ukrainian “infrastructure “ over the next several decades enriching politicians war hawks all over the world. It’s what we do. I’m becoming more and more convinced that none of the interested parties want it to end.

The problem is we just stick our toe in. We continue to feed the grift in Ukraine in a war that they will eventually lose, IMO it’s inevitable at this point, Russia will get most of what they wanted, and then we’ll spend trillions re-building Ukrainian “infrastructure “ over the next several decades enriching politicians war hawks all over the world. It’s what we do. I’m becoming more and more convinced that none of the interested parties want it to end.
What grift? Is there evidence the aid we have given has been stolen or corrupted?

I'm sure in 1967 it was "inevitable" that we would run the NVA out of Vietnam eventually. It looked inevitable that the USSR would take Afghanistan. Then us, same. Russia wanted Ukraine. They were supposed to get it in 48-72 hours.
It is very hard to maintain a hostile invasion of a country that has outside support and strong will.

I hate what I am arguing for. I just don't see the alternative as better.

What grift? Is there evidence the aid we have given has been stolen or corrupted?

I'm sure in 1967 it was "inevitable" that we would run the NVA out of Vietnam eventually. It looked inevitable that the USSR would take Afghanistan. Then us, same. Russia wanted Ukraine. They were supposed to get it in 48-72 hours.
It is very hard to maintain a hostile invasion of a country that has outside support and strong will.

I hate what I am arguing for. I just don't see the alternative as better.
I've lost track. What are we up to now? Somewhere around $150 billion allocated to Ukraine with no end in sight? When you send that much money to one of the most corrupt nations in the world run by a leader whose only previous claim to fame was a comedy act where he played the piano with his penis there will be grift. As far as the alternative goes ... maybe stop electing feckless leaders that don't have America's best interests at heart that nobody fears.

I've lost track. What are we up to now? Somewhere around $150 billion allocated to Ukraine with no end in sight? When you send that much money to one of the most corrupt nations in the world run by a leader whose only previous claim to fame was a comedy act where he played the piano with his penis there will be grift. As far as the alternative goes ... maybe stop electing feckless leaders that don't have America's best interests at heart that nobody fears.
We aren't sending money with the military support. We aren't even sending new equipment. We are sending old equipment and the price given is the associated cost to replace it. This is pushing the military of old systems that simply having was preventing then from being upgraded. It's also keeping us from having to pay to dispose of it properly. These moves are actually a net positive for our military.

Back