US continues to go backward...

Antisemitism has risen dramatically over the last three years and in 2023 the number of antisemitic acts was more than the three years prior.
Kudos to Biden for having a strong shift in tone and coming out today against the rise of hate. It is certainly a difficult balance for him politically as those in his progressive wing have views quite different than most Americans. For some reason, our young people are embracing hate more. An ADL report on antisemitic attitudes in America in 2024 found that younger Americans are “more likely to endorse anti-Jewish tropes.”

Antisemitism has risen dramatically over the last three years and in 2023 the number of antisemitic acts was more than the three years prior.
Kudos to Biden for having a strong shift in tone and coming out today against the rise of hate. It is certainly a difficult balance for him politically as those in his progressive wing have views quite different than most Americans. For some reason, our young people are embracing hate more. An ADL report on antisemitic attitudes in America in 2024 found that younger Americans are “more likely to endorse anti-Jewish tropes.”

criticism of Israel (much like criticism of any country or group) should not be regarded as antisemitic...protesting what continues to go on and supporting Palestinians does not make one antisemitic...yes, antisemitism is happening, it is not good; but protesting and supporting peace is not a bad thing. Unfortunately hate is alive and well in our country, and having an ex-president and now once again a presidential candidate who throws hate around like a rag doll certainly doesn't help either...but I digress, protesting the ongoing Israel/Palestine war in which people are sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians are protected by the First Amendment. but if it crosses the line into vandalism and violence, they can be arrested. I applaud students who protest peacefully, as it is their fundamental right to do so.

criticism of Israel (much like criticism of any country or group) should not be regarded as antisemitic...protesting what continues to go on and supporting Palestinians does not make one antisemitic...yes, antisemitism is happening, it is not good; but protesting and supporting peace is not a bad thing. Unfortunately hate is alive and well in our country, and having an ex-president and now once again a presidential candidate who throws hate around like a rag doll certainly doesn't help either...but I digress, protesting the ongoing Israel/Palestine war in which people are sympathetic to the plight of Palestinians are protected by the First Amendment. but if it crosses the line into vandalism and violence, they can be arrested. I applaud students who protest peacefully, as it is their fundamental right to do so.
No one is saying protesting is bad or supporting peace is a bad thing. The article was about the recent rise of antisemitism and it is not about classifying criticism of a country as being antisemitic.

Due to the extremists in his base Biden has been rather quiet about the growth of antisemitism. He is certainly not the first President to be reticent about condemning actions from extremists in their party. But very nice to see Biden with strong words against the “ferocious surge of antisemitism” and hopefully he will follow with actions and unpause arms support for Israel.

@GOGETUMPOKE

So Isreal is essentially doing counter insurgency operations. They are forgetting lessons learned by the Soviet Union in Afghanistan as well as the US in Afghanistan and Iraq. This needs to be done by well disciplined boots on the ground rooting out soldiers not dropping bombs on refugee centers even if soldiers are intermixed.

The more civilians you kill, the more insurgents you make. Nothing pisses people off more and pushes them away from your position than killing their or starving their family. They are making their positions worse by the day.

I'm sure they've killed a lot of Hamas, but by killing kids they are turning more and more people into Hamas... and it's not an even trade.

@GOGETUMPOKE

So Isreal is essentially doing counter insurgency operations. They are forgetting lessons learned by the Soviet Union in Afghanistan as well as the US in Afghanistan and Iraq. This needs to be done by well disciplined boots on the ground rooting out soldiers not dropping bombs on refugee centers even if soldiers are intermixed.

The more civilians you kill, the more insurgents you make. Nothing pisses people off more and pushes them away from your position than killing their or starving their family. They are making their positions worse by the day.

I'm sure they've killed a lot of Hamas, but by killing kids they are turning more and more people into Hamas... and it's not an even trade.
Hamas has overwhelming support of the Palestinians already and seem to be fine letting Hamas use their women and children as human shields. Israel needs to finish the job and if we're not going to help them the least we can do is stay the heck out of their way.

Hamas has overwhelming support of the Palestinians already and seem to be fine letting Hamas use their women and children as human shields. Israel needs to finish the job and if we're not going to help them the least we can do is stay the heck out of their way.
Stealing Palestinian homes during Isreali expansion into new areas for years and police shooting civilians probably helps Hamas keep support. They have made little effort to coexist for decades.

What do you think finishing the job looks like? You suggesting extermination of the population?

Curious. What's your position on US support of Ukraine? Ukraine has faught against an army that is targeting its civilians and kidnapped thousands... complete orders of magnitude more than what Hamas has inflicted on Isreal.

You realize we aren't getting in Israel's way, right? We paused a shipment of weapons we were providing as AIDE. Similar to how we've provided aide to Ukraine. Pretty sure all of our weapons deals have a restriction that they can not be used for war crimes... we often overlook this but to me that needs to stop. What do you call bombing a civilian population? This seems closer to a FAFO case than us getting in their way.

Curious. What's your position on US support of Ukraine? Ukraine has faught against an army that is targeting its civilians and kidnapped thousands... complete orders of magnitude more than what Hamas has inflicted on Isreal.

You realize we aren't getting in Israel's way, right? We paused a shipment of weapons we were providing as AIDE. Similar to how we've provided aide to Ukraine. Pretty sure all of our weapons deals have a restriction that they can not be used for war crimes... we often overlook this but to me that needs to stop. What do you call bombing a civilian population? This seems closer to a FAFO case than us getting in their way.
Probably plenty of blame to go around on both sides but I have to ask what would things be like in Palestine today if Oct 7 hadn't happened. Keep in mind there was a cease fire in place at the time. Hamas attacked and raped and murdered their way through that day and all of a sudden the rest of the world wants Israel to show restraint? Israel drops pamphlets and sends text messages and any number of communications telling them to leave . At some point the chips have to fall where they may. Hamas has to be eliminated and Rafa has to fall for that to happen. Not sure what you think Israel's response should have been after the attack but I'm convinced that the two can't coexist and it needs to end quickly. Yes it has been and will be ugly but the alternative is the status quo since the mid 40s . Rinse and repeat.

Israel drops pamphlets and sends text messages and any number of communications telling them to leave .
Yes they do. They tell the population to gather in an area to "stay safe"... then they bomb the encampment. It's happened several times. Where do they expect families to go? They've closed every border.

At some point the chips have to fall where they may. Hamas has to be eliminated and Rafa has to fall for that to happen. Not sure what you think Israel's response should have been after the attack but I'm convinced that the two can't coexist and it needs to end quickly. Yes it has been and will be ugly but the alternative is the status quo since the mid 40s .

Yes, Hamas has to go. It doesn't have to be by killing 50,000 or whatever women and children.

Yes they do. They tell the population to gather in an area to "stay safe"... then they bomb the encampment. It's happened several times. Where do they expect families to go? They've closed every border.
All the borders are closed They go where the Israeli govt tells them to go ..then the IDF bombs it, then again and then again..like 4 times now

These people aren't being used as shields right now..they are being hunted

At one point I could understand and justify Israel actions....I can't at this point any longer...they even have HUGE protests in their OWN streets with their own citizens begging them to stop

Something is not right in this situation at this time

All the borders are closed They go where the Israeli govt tells them to go ..then the IDF bombs it, then again and then again..like 4 times now

These people aren't being used as shields right now..they are being hunted

At one point I could understand and justify Israel actions....I can't at this point any longer...they even have HUGE protests in their OWN streets with their own citizens begging them to stop

Something is not right in this situation at this time
How many dead Palestinians is too many? What number is acceptable?

Yes, Hamas has to go. It doesn't have to be by killing 50,000 or whatever women and children.
Your “whatever “ number is about 20k too high and they obviously aren’t all women and children but let’s not let facts get in the way of your hyperbole. How do you propose to eliminate Hamas?

Back