Ukraine. Ukraine. Ukraine.

We are hearing Russia is winning now....that was not the case early on and Ukraine was never winning or even close.

I find it funny that you are claiming that now obviously Ukraine was never winning and it was just propagamda bevause they are struggling now. Maybe that is because the flow of weapons nearly stopped when congress changed from McCarthy. This is proof that they needed our help.

I find it funny that you are claiming that now obviously Ukraine was never winning and it was just propagamda bevause they are struggling now. Maybe that is because the flow of weapons nearly stopped when congress changed from McCarthy. This is proof that they needed our help.
At what point did anyone expect Ukraine to win?? It's never been about that. It's about stopping from being invaded in their own county . If Russia would call a cease fire and go home I'm 10000000% sure Ukraine would accept that and not try to invade Russia

If there "has to be other avenues that throwing money at it..."

What are those?

Particularly when you say you are not so naive as to think we can just let a Putin run amuck.

I guess we could just give up the Sudentenland that is now Ukraine, call it a day, and hope that satisfies Putin. Maybe quote Neville Chamberlain and declare "peace in our time"

Too many historical parallels for me to seriously consider that a viable option.
Especially given that Ukraine, which was supposed to be rolled over in 48 hours, has fought valiantly. Do, after all this effort, we just give up and empower Putin to know that some of the other Eastern European states will not have the capability of Ukraine so they will be easy takeovers? Especially if the West shows a strong desire to just give up. What exactly would stop him?

Yep, sucks having to spend money we don't have. Doesn't suck nearly as bad as a dictator empowered by success.

Last edited:
Especially given that Ukraine, which was supposed to be rolled over in 48 hours, has fought valiantly. Do, after all this effort, we just give up and empower Putin to know that some of the other Eastern European states will not have the capability of Ukraine so they will be easy takeovers? Especially if the West shows a strong desire to just give up. What exactly would stop him?

Yep, suck having to spend money we don't have. Doesn't suck nearly as bad as a dictator empowered by success.

If the Ukraine falls, Moldova is next.

The lengths you’ll go to to deny any credit …..even the least little bit….for anything to Biden is mind-boggling.

SMH.
I’m not a Biden guy but the amount of ceap
People say about him and his presidency is just anti other side BS. If anything the last two weeks Trump has looked much worse mentally than Biden and that’s saying something.

I’m not a Biden guy but the amount of ceap
People say about him and his presidency is just anti other side BS. If anything the last two weeks Trump has looked much worse mentally than Biden and that’s saying something.

He's talking about Donny and his gloomy economic outlook. Because during the Trump presidency he was writing love poems about the economy. He's right, though, there are contagions that could spread (commercial real estate, housing, sticky inflation) and the markets are reacting to how much free money they think they'll get instead of the actual health of the economy. I get that. But that was all true during the last two administrations as well. Maybe the potential problems are different now and there absolutely will be a recession in the next couple of years, but right now the American consumer is doing well. How did we get here from talking about how much we spend on aid to Ukraine? ANYWAY....

He's talking about Donny and his gloomy economic outlook. Because during the Trump presidency he was writing love poems about the economy. He's right, though, there are contagions that could spread (commercial real estate, housing, sticky inflation) and the markets are reacting to how much free money they think they'll get instead of the actual health of the economy. I get that. But that was all true during the last two administrations as well. Maybe the potential problems are different now and there absolutely will be a recession in the next couple of years, but right now the American consumer is doing well. How did we get here from talking about how much we spend on aid to Ukraine? ANYWAY....
I’m not an economist and will never be one. I’m a math guy but economics hurts my brain. To many moving parts for me. And I will say after the 08 crisis and what caused that, I haven’t seen much to stop it from happening again. Hell it might have gotten worse over the last eight years. So I could easily see it imploding. And i get they were talking economics. I was just commenting in general about The far right/ more conservative side and how they see Biden compared to Trump. IMO while there are some on the left that are sunshine pumpers for Biden most that I know held their noses when voting for him and Hilary.

I didn't really go to any lengths I just cited easy to find data because instead of believing a headline I looked at the reports....like say "hey Donnyboy you're full of crap they didn't drop the hours worked to make wages look good and outright lie about job totals" but you can't because they did..... So again.....wages down, bank reserves upside down at the big bank level worse at the regional level (remember Silicon Valley going tits up in the best economy ever), private sector jobs shrinking, home sales dropping, auto sales dropping, personal savings down from 11% in 21 to 3.3% in 23, personal debt at 17.5 Trillion with non housing debt being 4.7 Trillion largest totals ever, money being issued at reckless rates, commercial real estate value down 22% from March 22 peak, bankruptcy fillings are up at 433K year ending Sept 23 from 380K previous year..... and saying the economy is great....how based on what....reports that a first year finance student can find the crap in? A lot of it started before covid during Trump's admin...a lot was exacerbated by covid....Biden didn't hold any office when a ton of this mess got rolling. But they are peeing on our leg and telling us that it's raining. I don't care who is in office that isn't a good thing....if my momma was president I'd call BS on these reports. What am I supposed to give credit for here.....being extremely creative with economic reports? You remember back in the ancient times of the 1990s and 2000s when any one those was a cause for concern? Now it is a signal of historically good economic times....just ask the people manipulating the data.
Laurie Hernandez Latina GIF by Latinx Heritage

My point is that the answer's always somewhere in the middle. You can type your rants and expect everyone to take everything you say as fact, but it requires a LOT more context. Of course the Bureau of Labor Statistics and CNBC are going to paint a rosier picture. You have to delve deeper and correct for that. I just think you're overcorrecting. That's all. Not as rosy as they say, but definitely not as gloomy as you say.

Just for example. Your non housing debt. Let's take credit cards. All time high, yes. But as percentage of disposable income, just above the all time low set in 2021.
mood GIF

He's Chicken Littling.....to justify doing nothing to stop the re-emergence of Russia's Iron Curtain in Eastern Europe.

Never once did I say do nothing.... I said we can't just throw money we don't have at it.
What you did say was....

There has to be other avenues than throwing money at it....

When asked what those other avenues might be, you came up with.....

Snake Eyes Nothing GIF by Better Call Saul

To be clear, you proclaim that there are other avenues to be done......and came up with none of those supposed avenues.

That's pretty danged close to saying do nothing.

What you did say was....

When asked what those other avenues might be, you came up with.....

Snake Eyes Nothing GIF by Better Call Saul

To be clear, you proclaim that there are other avenues to be done......and came up with none of those supposed avenues.
I actually said we could impose some sanctions with real teeth not the crap we have and that they are working around. I don't have all the answers and don't claim to.....you clearly don't either.....endless money throwing isn't it either.

Let me get this straight you’re saying the fall of the USSR was a bad thing?
Not at all.....I'm saying throwing money at proxy wars historically isn't a successful strategy. But don't point to us funding the Afgan conflict as a great success because the back end was horrific. It's like hanging a banner for being up at the half in a championship game.

Back