The Steross Market and Investing Thread

"Statistics within the app show that Pelosi's reported trades increased 45% in value in 2023. Crenshaw's increased in value by 41%.

Asked for comment on the matter, Corry Schiermeyer, spokesperson for Crenshaw's office, told Business Insider their boss is "not a millionaire and barely has anything invested in the market."

Not a millionaire.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

"Statistics within the app show that Pelosi's reported trades increased 45% in value in 2023. Crenshaw's increased in value by 41%.

Asked for comment on the matter, Corry Schiermeyer, spokesperson for Crenshaw's office, told Business Insider their boss is "not a millionaire and barely has anything invested in the market."

Not a millionaire.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
Hey now, he only has one good eye and he still got a 41% pop. Something tell me his millionaire status is about to change.

I have that’s also. From this board. Now if Tesla, tencent holdings and I share silver etf would go up(quite a bit for Tesla) I would only have Genk not in the plus column. But that’s only down .46. I bought Zoetis a vet med pharmaceutical company when it IPO’d and am up almost 500%.
Hopefully you stuck with it

Here is the job reports correction.....overstated by 800K through Dec 23 over a million counting the last "great" jobs report. All the economic reports are outright lies. A massive correction has to occur.
Oh look, they even threw in some great replacement nonsense for their white supremacists readers.

It's a crappy write up.....but google Philadelphia Fed Jobs report correction and see how many people are covering it....the official story is still the economy is great.
Yeah, I googled "Philadelphia Fed correction 800,000" and there's one other mention of this. A single other website that reposted the article. Because Zero Hedge is a conspiracy site.

Yeah, I googled "Philadelphia Fed correction 800,000" and there's one other mention of this. A single other website that reposted the article. Because Zero Hedge is a conspiracy site.
The report is real and if you want to dig through the volumes on the feds site you can find it. I’ve read the numbers and posted here about how the jobs reports are incorrect past the point of “we missed this” to the point that it is intentionally false. The strategy is the economy is great…..just don’t look for yourself. So this comes out right before a holiday weekend when all the conservatives are up in arms over trans flags. The market remains strong…..everywhere else you look it’s not good news

Yep. I googled exactly "Philadelphia fed jobs report correction". Got some stuff from Dec 2022 and then the Zero Hedge article that was linked and an article on talkmarkets.com with the same author.

The report is real and if you want to dig through the volumes on the feds site you can find it. I’ve read the numbers and posted here about how the jobs reports are incorrect past the point of “we missed this” to the point that it is intentionally false. The strategy is the economy is great…..just don’t look for yourself. So this comes out right before a holiday weekend when all the conservatives are up in arms over trans flags. The market remains strong…..everywhere else you look it’s not good news

So, what is this? Stagflation?

I make really good money and don't feel like I can afford shit like I used to buy. And, by "can't afford" I really mean "won't afford." I'm not waiting in line or booking the 9:15pm table that is all that is left to get some kinda good food that will cost me $200, or $350 if my daughter comes because she drinks a lot more than my wife.

This is gonna sound crappy, but working in health care, the best times for me are when the economy sucks. Things are cheaper, more available, and I'm not fighting with the "new rich-ish" people blowing money to appear rich. I feel bad, but it is true.

And, frankly, no matter what report Zero Hedge or anyone else comes up with, I just ain't seeing a bad economy. Not in my life, and not in the real indicators I look at.

IMHO, we are still climbing a wall of worry, and we've still got a lot of climbing to do.

The only place it came out right before holiday weekend was on Zero Hedge! They're... trying to bury their own story!?

The only place it came out right before holiday weekend was on Zero Hedge! They're... trying to bury their own story!?
I'm surprised FoxNews hasn't started running it. They tend to run anything they can reference (or make up) to make things look bad.

In an actual massive stock market fraud, Trump's Truth Social filed their 8-K today. $7 billion market cap. $4 million in annual revenue. $57 million loss. And the scam-filled cherry on top... as a social media company they didn't report any user metrics. No number of daily users. No info on if daily active users are increasing or decreasing (hint: it's the latter), no info on user engagement. NOT ONLY THAT they stated they may never issue those metrics in any future report. A social media company. That won't tell investors whether anyone's actually using their social media app.

Oh yeah and cost per user is in the $1300 range. For reference Twitter is around $10 cost per user.

Last edited:
In an actual massive stock market fraud, Trump's Truth Social filed their 8-K today. $7 billion market cap. $4 million in annual revenue. $57 million loss. And the scam-filled cherry on top... as a social media company they didn't report any user metrics. No number of daily users. No info on if daily active users are increasing or decreasing (hint: it's the latter), no info on user engagement. NOT ONLY THAT they stated they may never issue those metrics in any future report. A social media company. That won't tell investors whether anyone's actually using their social media app.

Oh yeah and cost per user is in the $1300 range. For reference Twitter is around $10 cost per user.
A good friend of mine texted this to me last week. Down 21.47% just today. I guess I should have listened to him!

Screenshot 2024-04-01 at 8.02.21 PM.png

Back