Series vs Austin Peay

Heck of an inning for Root there! Probably need to go to someone else and not press your luck. We all know that's not going to happen though.

• Boring
Reactions: cro
3 2/3 shutout innings from Root. Was not expecting that. Big time!
First time this yr to Obrate and still can’t believe we are so blessed w that Park. Of the pitchers I’ve seen for us this yr Root’s performance today was the best I’ve seen. Mid to upper 90’s fast ball w great command of his offspeed. If we can get that or 90% of that from him consistently it would solve our Sunday starter.

Yall are welcome for smack talking Root leading to such a great outing. Fear not I'll keep it up as the season goes on.
Lol he had been pretty bad up until today. Hopefully this gives him a major confidence boost. Need to see it against higher level bats but still a good start.

Pokes go 4-0 this week and are now 8-3, as they should have.

Do we know when Bogusz is going to be back? Excited to be *knock on wood* healthy on the mound. Ure is still a giant loss though.

I’ll admit to being a novice on baseball strategy so I don’t get too hard on baseball coaches. I’ve read where Josh is really into analytics which I do think have a place.

With that being said I’d love to see our analytics maybe even broken down by pitcher on our 0-2 count strategy. It just seems like to me we get ahead 0-2 and try to throw the perfect pitch off the plate to get a chase. Then we end up in a 2-2 count or worse. Just seems like it runs our pitch count up and causes loss of confidence. I’ve noticed other teams get 0-2 and come right after you. I don’t know the analytics but I do favor the 3 pitch out vs the 5-7 pitch at bat.

I’ll admit to being a novice on baseball strategy so I don’t get too hard on baseball coaches. I’ve read where Josh is really into analytics which I do think have a place.

With that being said I’d love to see our analytics maybe even broken down by pitcher on our 0-2 count strategy. It just seems like to me we get ahead 0-2 and try to throw the perfect pitch off the plate to get a chase. Then we end up in a 2-2 count or worse. Just seems like it runs our pitch count up and causes loss of confidence. I’ve noticed other teams get 0-2 and come right after you. I don’t know the analytics but I do favor the 3 pitch out vs the 5-7 pitch at bat.
Ok. I need to ask this. What is a great pitch?

What is a horrible pitch?

Hitters are good. You try to make a pitchers pitch. I’d complain if we caught too much of the plate on an 0-2 count

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hitters are good. You try to make a pitchers pitch. I’d complain if we caught too much of the plate on an 0-2 count

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Now we are going places.

It’s easy to tell people that know nothing. This post shows you have at least a little awareness

With that being said I’d love to see our analytics maybe even broken down by pitcher on our 0-2 count strategy. It just seems like to me we get ahead 0-2 and try to throw the perfect pitch off the plate to get a chase. Then we end up in a 2-2 count or worse. Just seems like it runs our pitch count up and causes loss of confidence. I’ve noticed other teams get 0-2 and come right after you. I don’t know the analytics but I do favor the 3 pitch out vs the 5-7 pitch at bat

the pitchers should just pump fastballs right down the middle every time they get ahead 0-2. you know, b/c 3 pitch at bats are way cooler than 5-7 pitch at bats...........

Back