Pokes vs Patriots in Stillwater

Could care less about hosting, but I want no part of ever seeing oru, dbu, mo state, Wichita state, or any other team we already play 2-3 times in the regular season in a regional. It's way past old.
100% agree. I like seeing and playing new teams for a chance to get to Supers/CWS. If we can’t host, go ahead and send us out of the region for all I care. It worked for us when we had to go to Clemson and then South Carolina to get to Omaha in 2016.

100% agree. I like seeing and playing new teams for a chance to get to Supers/CWS. If we can’t host, go ahead and send us out of the region for all I care. It worked for us when we had to go to Clemson and then South Carolina to get to Omaha in 2016.
I agree it worked out quite well in 2016 for us!!! Also, I wish Josh would maybe look at some different regional folks for these mid week games like Texas A&M Corpus Christie or UT San Antonio or Arkansas State than these same teams every year, and maybe change things up a little!!! 🤔

I agree it worked out quite well in 2016 for us!!! Also, I wish Josh would maybe look at some different regional folks for these mid week games like Texas A&M Corpus Christie or UT San Antonio or Arkansas State than these same teams every year, and maybe change things up a little!!! 🤔
In theory that sounds good but practically a mid-major team is not going to travel 6+ hrs on a bus to play 1 game when they can play power 5 within 2-3 hrs. The players would basically lose 2 days of class traveling. The current schedule of close proximity of high RPI teams is fine...just have to win the games. The players didn't execute last night.

The sad thing is there are guys in the dugout that could make this a good defensive team without giving up much offensively. Meola is a very good third baseman and should’ve been playing there tonight and Ortiz is a very good second baseman and should’ve been playing there. Richie is not a third baseman, nor is Schubart an outfielder. He’s a DH - 1B. And Bruggeman no better than an average first baseman. Josh is continuing to run those guys out playing out of position in big games. This is what you get.
Agree 100%...I didn't hear post game but I think maybe JH was giving Ritchie/Bruggeman some reps in the field. Ritchie seems more comfortable in LF than 3B.

TH commented that first priority is to win the weekend series (finish high in conf standings) to be able to host regional, then win mid-week games against high RPI to earn a National Seed. I believe that's the right strategy just unfortunately last night DBU made a few more plays than we did. That's baseball. This team is good and will surprise some folks in post season.

I really like how the young pups are growing. Erhart, Benge, Meola, Shubart are tough ABs in the heart of the lineup and if the freshmen continue to produce quality ABs, I like our chances in the tournament.

TH commented that first priority is to win the weekend series (finish high in conf standings) to be able to host regional, then win mid-week games against high RPI to earn a National Seed. I believe that's the right strategy just unfortunately last night DBU made a few more plays than we did. That's baseball. This team is good and will surprise some folks in post season.

I really like how the young pups are growing. Erhart, Benge, Meola, Shubart are tough ABs in the heart of the lineup and if the freshmen continue to produce quality ABs, I like our chances in the tournament.
Let’s try getting out of a regional first!!! In case you haven’t noticed we haven’t even made a Super Regional since 2019!!! 🤔

Good baseball game, came up short. Happens.

The chicken little, “poke choke” crap is tiresome.
I hate the phrase Poke Choke. If you're a college sports fan, and you watch 18-24 year olds compete in various sports as your hobby for any period of time--you're going to see them come up short in crunch time. Just about every fan base sees their athletes "choke" from time to time.

Last night was just losing a close game when the other team made more plays than you did. I didn't like it, especially being DBU, but it's just a close loss.

When Carson Benge came in I thought we had a good chance to win. It appeared that he had the idea of overpowering them with his fastball. After the two run homer by DBU he appeared to begin to mix pitches and try to hit spots in the zone. To his credit he was able to compose himself and get off of the inning. Tough loss to a very good hitting team.

When Carson Benge came in I thought we had a good chance to win. It appeared that he had the idea of overpowering them with his fastball. After the two run homer by DBU he appeared to begin to mix pitches and try to hit spots in the zone. To his credit he was able to compose himself and get off of the inning. Tough loss to a very good hitting team.

The pitch Benge threw to the guy that went yard was a good pitch. It was down and in. The guy just went down and hit it out. The batter was literally bending down and backing away from the plate when he made contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back