OSU @ DBU

Midweek games are increasingly losing the urgency of years past. Honestly, to me, they seem like not much more than a scrimmage once conference play begins. I would like to be competitive every time we cross the chalk, but the last few years have me scratching my head at times. The goal now seems to be to simply win the weekends in conference.
This stuff happens all the time in midweek games. Numbers 8, 12, 15, 17, 22, and 25 all lost Tuesday night to unranked teams. All to non power 5 schools.

I'll take several run rule losses to DBU if it means we pound the manure out of Texas this weekend.
That was my point above that others misunderstood and got bent out of shape over. I certainly wasn't bitching about dropping one to DBU. I don't have a problem with putting more energy/focus/preparation into winning the conference weekend series than on a midweek single. Some fans hate that we lose more than our share to ORU in midweek matchups but if we're keeping arms fresh and injuries low, is it a bad strategy? Risk vs. reward.

I think alot of you that read a game thread after the fact and wonder why we're all bitching so much are forgetting that we're commenting what we're seeing at the time. When the team plays like crap (which of course will happen over 60+ games) we are talking specifically about what we are seeing, and what we saw Tuesday wasn't good. In those instances, I try to keep most of my griping posts to actual data (how many strikeout we have, etc), and not opinion, but of course sometimes I don't. And usually when its over I also try to keep the bigger picture in mind.

If you read a game thread after it happened, remember that the people posting didn't know the outcome at the time and are posting their feelings at that exact moment. I won't deny some of us go too far on occasion, but I think the people bitching about the bitching are also go too far some times.

Last edited:
Back