OSU @ DBU

T7
Pokes again down in order

For a team with Omaha aspirations, there have been just too many games where they don't even compete. DBU isn't Baylor so they aren't giving us free passes and kicking the ball all over the year and letting us back in the game.

Rob wants to make sure this game takes all night. Root, Phillips, and now Davis pitch in B8

and Davis allows a single that scores the guy that Root hit with a pitch.

Last edited:
I’m sorry, but do you all honestly expect us to win every game? We’re 20-6, one of our best starts in years. After we put up double digit runs all last week, we were due for an offensively slow night, but give credit to DBU. They pitched well last night.

This team has responded well to losses and we have the hottest team in the country coming to Stilly this weekend. Refocus, beat Texas and “win the week.” It’s a long season, but we are well positioned so far.

I’m sorry, but do you all honestly expect us to win every game? We’re 20-6, one of our best starts in years. After we put up double digit runs all last week, we were due for an offensively slow night, but give credit to DBU. They pitched well last night.

This team has responded well to losses and we have the hottest team in the country coming to Stilly this weekend. Refocus, beat Texas and “win the week.” It’s a long season, but we are well positioned so far.
I expect that we TRY to win every game. Just my impression but it didn’t look like anyone wanted to be there.

Astros were world champs and lost 67 games last year. Dodgers got beat 13-5 last night. The very best teams can lose to anyone on any given night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Midweek games are increasingly losing the urgency of years past. Honestly, to me, they seem like not much more than a scrimmage once conference play begins. I would like to be competitive every time we cross the chalk, but the last few years have me scratching my head at times. The goal now seems to be to simply win the weekends in conference.

Midweek games are increasingly losing the urgency of years past. Honestly, to me, they seem like not much more than a scrimmage once conference play begins. I would like to be competitive every time we cross the chalk, but the last few years have me scratching my head at times. The goal now seems to be to simply win the weekends in conference.

It was LITERALLY our first midweek loss, already beaten MSU, ASU, DBU, & WSU. Can’t win them all. But so far we had, despite our walking wounded situations and setting up for weekend matchups.

Easy there, @Matt_bob123... I have a ton of respect for your baseball knowledge year after year. The observations I shared are my own and weren't something related to JUST this midweek performance. It's something that I feel like has been building over time. I never took a shot at anyone directly. I also said the midweek dip occurs during conference play. You cited examples mostly pre-conference.

I'm a realist and know we won't "win em all". I'm also a data analyst and look for trends in the numbers.

Last edited:
Back