Oklahoma is going backwards

It's probably only a disaster in states where Republicans lost elections.

I suspect that ranked choice voting requires more intelligence and critical thinking skills than a lot of Oklahoma voters have.
It also empowers 3rd parties, and provides political competition more. That removes absolute power for parties in currently non-competitive states.

Free market and competition provides a better product... this would potentially do that.

Absolutely.
One of the laziest band stupid things Representative Democracy has ever produced .. straight party voting

Build the greatest form of Government the world has known and build in an automatic bypass to it
Republican legislators will never abolish straight party voting. Putting it up for a state question vote probably wouldn't pass, either. All you can do is vote straight Democrat to get back at the Republicans, though nothing is discouraging from voting who you want from race to race.

Republican legislators will never abolish straight party voting. Putting it up for a state question vote probably wouldn't pass, either. All you can do is vote straight Democrat to get back at the Republicans, though nothing is discouraging from voting who you want from race to race.
This is goofy.

From The Oklahoman:

The history of straight-party voting:Straight-party ballots in Oklahoma originally began under Democratic rule, when party leaders would tell voters to “stamp the rooster,” a reference to the Democrats' icon on the ballot.

There is no need to shush or play gotcha with anything here. It was wrong then, or at least dumbed down for the mouth breathers, and it's just as wrong and/or dumbed down now.
Yes. But that wasn't what was responded to.

The opposite of Oklahoma going backwards. Forbes ranks OKC as the 3rd best city in the US to move to in 2024 and Tulsa ranked 6th.

From The Oklahoman:

The history of straight-party voting:Straight-party ballots in Oklahoma originally began under Democratic rule, when party leaders would tell voters to “stamp the rooster,” a reference to the Democrats' icon on the ballot.
Past Democrat rule, no doubt, explains a lot why Oklahoma became so backward and conservative. Republicans probably went along with it much of the time, though. I can't help but wonder how much Republicans helped bring about 3.2% beer in Oklahoma and strangely labeled it a non-intoxicating beverage even though prohibition had been repealed. It was all made possible by the Cullen-Harrison Act, which was one the dumbest things Congress ever passed before prohibition repeal.

The requirement that Oklahoma had to enter the union as a dry state for 20 years likely explains why Oklahoma became so backward and conservative. Even after prohibition repeal it surely attracted a lot of conservative Christians against alcohol, among them Democrats. As the decades of time went on Democrats became more liberal and Republicans more conservative. The final dozen counties in Oklahoma persuaded to give up their bans on liquor by the drink are strongly Republican.

Democrats can surely take the blame for Oklahoma continuing to go downhill even after the dustbowl and Great Depression. While Kansas was attracting aerospace industry soon after WW2 ended, Oklahoma wasn't attracting much of anything. Instead, Oklahoma lost population at an even greater rate during the 1940s than it did during the 1930s. At least population losses were stopped during the 1950s.

Last edited:
I simply assume that Walters decided that U. S. News and World Report is liberal or too woke to have anything to do with it. Anyway, he is willing to lose federal money for education, so, why not lower or lose school ratings with a magazine he doesn't like? But I don't associate it with being liberal.

It's good to see that Gov. Stitt doesn't like that part of what is going on, unlike him agreeing with Walters about the loss of 130 OSDE employees.

Last edited:
1715216453245.png
I’m sooooo tired of being second at everything. I mean, we are second to last at education too. Why can’t we just replace a couple of math classes with donut eating classes so we can get some real recognition!!!!!

View attachment 4644
I’m sooooo tired of being second at everything. I mean, we are second to last at education too. Why can’t we just replace a couple of math classes with donut eating classes so we can get some real recognition!!!!!

Starship Troopers GIF

Back