Next Season

OrangeFanatic2

I know there is still a lot left to this football season. But I was wondering if anyone knew which of the “seniors” will have remaining eligibility for next season?

Nearly the entire OL
X. Ross
C. Clay
Leon Johnson
A. Goodlow
Walterscheid
Isuman-Hundley
B. Cassity
Josiah Johnson
X. Benson
Bowman
T. Rucker
Alex Hale
K. Black
B. Presley

I might have missed a couple. If a majority of those guys have eligibility remaining and decided to come back, next year could be really special.

Most of the guys you listed can come back if they want. The ones that are done (unless they get a medical redshirt as in the case of Wright and maybe Bowman) are the following:

Xavier Benson
Alan Bowman
Josiah Johnson
Alex Hale
Elijah Collins
Justin Wright
Zeke Zaragoza
Ian Edenfield
Braden Cassity
Nathan Latu
Anthony Goodlow
Leon Johnson (they are possibly seeing if Leon can get a covid year back since that was not done in D3 but its a long shot)

The ENTIRE OL can come back if they want, though I would expect some not to do so.

Most of the guys you listed can come back if they want. The ones that are done (unless they get a medical redshirt as in the case of Wright and maybe Bowman) are the following:

Xavier Benson
Alan Bowman
Josiah Johnson
Alex Hale
Elijah Collins
Justin Wright
Zeke Zaragoza
Ian Edenfield
Braden Cassity
Nathan Latu
Anthony Goodlow
Leon Johnson (they are possibly seeing if Leon can get a covid year back since that was not done in D3 but its a long shot)

The ENTIRE OL can come back if they want, though I would expect some not to do so.
Thank you.
I would not expect the NCAA to do us any favors.

Xavier Benson
Alan Bowman
Josiah Johnson
Alex Hale
Elijah Collins
Justin Wright
Zeke Zaragoza
Ian Edenfield
Braden Cassity
Nathan Latu
Anthony Goodlow

I was curious about Leon Johnson. I know that both the coaches and he wanted a redshirt to bulk him up and prepare him for the next level. Hopefully, the NCAA does the right thing but when have they ever done that?

If they deny him, we should play it like Mack Brown did this year when they denied his transfer WR. Different scenario here but hey, worth a shot. Call them out.

Xavier Benson
Alan Bowman
Josiah Johnson
Alex Hale
Elijah Collins
Justin Wright
Zeke Zaragoza
Ian Edenfield
Braden Cassity
Nathan Latu
Anthony Goodlow

Gotta think we'll be an extremely popular transfer location after what we've done this year.

I was curious about Leon Johnson. I know that both the coaches and he wanted a redshirt to bulk him up and prepare him for the next level. Hopefully, the NCAA does the right thing but when have they ever done that?
Has he played in 4 games this season? He only has stats recorded for Cincinnati and uo.

I took my daughter to the Student Union for The Walk, and let her give the team high fives as they came out, and LJIII looked like a different dude than most of our other players. I kept thinking our team looked small overall, but he stood out.

I hope he's still able to redshirt, but I also think he could find success if he was picked up by an NFL team.

Last edited:
Has he played in 4 games this season? He only has stats recorded for Cincinnati and uo.

For the record, I took my daughter to the Student Union for The Walk, and let her give the team high fives as they came out, and LJIII looked like a different dude than most of our other players. I kept thinking our team looked small overall, but he stood out.

I hope he's still able to redshirt, but I also think he could find success if he was picked up by an NFL team.
Bedlam was the 5th game he played in so no redshirt possible now.

Back