NCAA Selection Show at 11am

K-state has a winning conference record....doesn't get in
OU finishes below .500 and finds a way in

Make it make sense smh
the heist GIF

Only thing yuu can use is RPI. But there's too many other factors that lean heavy toward KSU.
RPI should be completely ignored when it comes between same conference opponents. They played 3 times head-to-head, KSU won all three. They played the exact same conference opponents and KSU finished with a better record and above .500. KSU made a deeper tourney run including beating the #1 seed. But nope. Give us the 1, 2, 3, 4, and...uhhhhhh...6 and 7 place finishers from the big 12.

BS

Only thing yuu can use is RPI. But there's too many other factors that lean heavy toward KSU.
RPI is so flawed it's not even funny.....in year where the Big XII is down. Having a winning record in conference play should have some sort of a factor IMO. Like another poster said, head to head should also matter. Logo definitely won out IMO

KState had a terrible noncon schedule and Ou played tough opponents. (Committee has said this is a factor in the past). Midweeks are one thing, but look at KSu’s weekend schedule in noncon.

So even tho KSU is a better team, their RPI was 20ish spots worse and it’s their own fault. Play someone.

KState had a terrible noncon schedule and Ou played tough opponents. (Committee has said this is a factor in the past). Midweeks are one thing, but look at KSu’s weekend schedule in noncon.

So even tho KSU is a better team, their RPI was 20ish spots worse and it’s their own fault. Play someone.
SEMO having a down year really hurt them....usually they make the tournament. They needed them to be good this year

SEMO having a down year really hurt them....usually they make the tournament. They needed them to be good this year
And UCIrvine is normally a tourney team. So going there should have been solid, but playing west coast team means you know that you won’t get an RPI bump Bec rpi hates west coast.

They did play the Round Rock tourney but KSU got swept out.

BS. What exactly did 0u do in their tough noncon? Take 2 from Stanford? Ok congrats, that's nullified by a series loss to Cal Baptist and several other losses to non-toruney caliber teams. Playing "tougher" opponents means f÷×k all if you don't win those games. When you have head-to-head metrics, that should ALWAYS be the leading decision point. There is ZERO objective reason that 0u gets in ahead of KSU.

And UCIrvine is normally a tourney team. So going there should have been solid, but playing west coast team means you know that you won’t get an RPI bump Bec rpi hates west coast.

They did play the Round Rock tourney but KSU got swept out.

Big West baseball is never get the respect it deserves for the foreseeable future unless the RPI system changes. I get it, in Kansas weather is hit or miss so you want to play somewhere warm even though the series was in April. I think if they beat Iowa and Sam Houston, I agree it probably gets them in. They were close......

BS. What exactly did 0u do in their tough noncon? Take 2 from Stanford? Ok congrats, that's nullified by a series loss to Cal Baptist and several other losses to non-toruney caliber teams. Playing "tougher" opponents means f÷×k all if you don't win those games. When you have head-to-head metrics, that should ALWAYS be the leading decision point. There is ZERO objective reason that 0u gets in ahead of KSU.
Look, I know people have a chip on the shoulder about ou, but….
Have you seen KSU’s schedule?

Stephen F Austin RPI - 212
Stonehill - 289
Youngstown St- 255
St. Thomas - 292
SeMS - 215

For the record
Cal Baptist- 176

Look, I know people have a chip on the shoulder about ou, but….
Have you seen KSU’s schedule?

Stephen F Austin RPI - 212
Stonehill - 289
Youngstown St- 255
St. Thomas - 292
SeMS - 215

For the record
Cal Baptist- 176
I think those 2 of 3 versus Stanford are what made the difference. Don't agree with it when they played head to head , but that was probably it.

Back