National Signing Day Thread

That's how I judge recruits and recruiting. By who we beat out for the kid. We beat out a lot of garbage schools for most of our recruits.
Not true, go look at the offer lists. The majority of our class had offers from power 5 programs and mostly good programs. Also a couple of them had no other offers but that was because they only wanted to be at OSU so other schools didn’t even bother (Rodney Fields and Josh Ford).

That's how I judge recruits and recruiting. By who we beat out for the kid. We beat out a lot of garbage schools for most of our recruits.
I was thinking the same. Its odd that people are excited to be competing against Ball State for recruits/transfers. I know there are good players at lower levels, but when we're consistently competing with such schools, its a problem.

I was thinking the same. Its odd that people are excited to be competing against Ball State for recruits/transfers. I know there are good players at lower levels, but when we're consistently competing with such schools, its a problem.
I’m excited about young men who want to play for Oklahoma State. Who will be coming back to Stillwater for homecoming long after they graduate with their future families. I’m excited about young men who represent Oklahoma State very well. Oh, and along the way win a lot of games and hopefully if the cards fall right a Big 12 Championship.

QB Smith had 20 offers including Washington, Florida State, Miami, Utah, Az, AzSt, CU, BYU, Louisville, Kentucky, Mizzery and Cal.

DL Webb had 17 offers including Cal, Az, Indiana and KS.

S Cleveland had 36 offers including TX, Az, uo, Nebraska, Michigan, Tech, Baylor Arkansas, Mizzery, Penn St and Auburn.

OT Hackleman had offers from Baylor and Tech.

S Kabongo had offers from AzSt, KS, TX, Tech and Mizzery.

Edge Johnson had offers from BYU, Utah, Nebraska, Minnesota and from high academics Rice, Air Force and West Point.

OT Johnson had offers from Ark and Mizzery

IOL Mafi had offers from BYU, Az, AzSt, Utah, Tennessee and Nebraska.

WR Griffith had offers from KS, Tech, Baylor and Utah.

CB Fields had offers from KSt, TCU, Washington as well as West Point and Navy.

CB Nelson had offers from CU and uo.

Edge Agumadu held an offer from Mizzery

You haven't spent much time around this site (or OP), have you? The diehards are still just thrilled to be bowl eligible, and are tickled pink to pay Gundy whatever he asks for 9 wins and a mediocre bowl game in towns like Shreveport every year. Why would Gundy try to find another job when he can make $7mil+/yr, keep getting family time, and fans completely support his results? Imagine how much easier such results will be now that uo and Texas have left. He's set to cruise for another decade at this point, and doesn't need to improve our recruiting.

You won't like my answer, so I decided to ignore your post to avoid derailing the thread. I'm happy to discuss it with you elsewhere if you'd like, just not here.
You derailed on page one. Nice try Captain Positive.

Interesting, a 6'2" 225lb running back that runs a sub 4.6 40 with these stats for 2023: Ran for 2,215 yards and 25 touchdowns as a senior on 232 attempts. Also totaled 21 receptions for 373 yards and four receiving touchdowns. Had offers from these schools:

Wofford, The Citadel, South Carolina State, North Carolina Central, North Carolina A&T, Howard, Chattanooga, Charlotte, Charleston Southern and Bryant

Do we offer him since, you know, no big school offered? At least then the "realists" can use the best non-OSU offer to justify their displeasure.

More than ever I think we are seeing Gundy recruit culture kids. 3 star with high character and work ethic. Kids that will develop from 3 and 4 stars into 4 and 5 stars. Kids that will be at OSU 3-5 yrs. Same w the portal. Give me all the Josiah Johnson’s, Leon Johnson’s and Dalton Coopers.

Treat them right and w honesty and respect. Mesh them w patient hard working but gifted kids. Team chemistry has a greater chance of developing. Coach them up. Sprinkle in solid QB play and you’ve got a contender.

You won't like my answer, so I decided to ignore your post to avoid derailing the thread. I'm happy to discuss it with you elsewhere if you'd like, just not here.
Then you are blind. I’ll leave it at that. You’re also afraid to put your answer where others can see it. BECAUSE IT WOULD BE WRONG!!!

You haven't spent much time around this site (or OP), have you? The diehards are still just thrilled to be bowl eligible, and are tickled pink to pay Gundy whatever he asks for 9 wins and a mediocre bowl game in towns like Shreveport every year.

OSU went to Shreveport in 2006. Which towns are like Shreveport to you?

2007 Insight - Tempe
2008 Holiday - San Diego
2009 Cotton - DFW
2010 Alamo - San Antonio
2011 Fiesta - Tempe
2012 HOD - DFW
2013 Cotton - DFW
2014 Cactus - Tempe
2015 Sugar - NOLA
2016 Alamo - San Antonio
2017 Camping World - Orlando
2018 Liberty - Memphis
2019 Texas - Houston
2020 Cheeze It - Orlando
2021 Fiesta - Tempe
2022 Guaranteed Rate - Phoenix
2023 Texas - Houston

Last edited:
OSU went to Shreveport in 2006. Which towns are like Shreveport to you?

2007 Insight - Tempe
2008 Holiday - San Deigo
2009 Cotton - DFW
2010 Alamo - San Antonio
2011 Fiesta - Tempe
2012 HOD - DFW
2013 Cotton - DFW
2014 Cactus - Tempe
2015 Sugar - NOLA
2016 Alamo - San Antonio
2017 Camping World - Orlando
2018 Liberty - Memphis
2019 Texas - Houston
2020 Cheeze It - Orlando
2021 Fiesta - Tempe
2022 Guaranteed Rate - Phoenix
2023 Texas - Houston
As I said, he's blind. He can't tell one thing from another.

Looking at the list of bowl games.
The streak from 2008 to 2017 contains many impressive bowl games.
However from 2018 to 2023, 4 of the 6 are definitely not headliners.

I do like our opponent this year even though it is only the Texas bowl.

Back