National Signing Day Thread

I was talking with a buddy who lives in dfw and really hope we can land Will Henderson from Gilmer HS. He is an absolute burner (10.2 100M) and would be a great weapon for us. Just for reference tyreek hill ran a 10.19 100M.

Hmm. Well...

Gundy has always magically developed, so let's hope he continues that trend. I think he will. Gonna need to. Gonna have to recruit better at some point tho

Last edited:
I really don’t care what the “rankings” say, I honestly like this class a lot. I think there’s some kids in here that are going to completely surprise people. I think the big key is keeping them after they begin to develop (portal, NIL, etc).
Yea I don’t know how some of these guys are 3 stars. Watching tape on some of them they just pop off the screen. It’s feel like we are going to look back at this class and laugh at how underrated these guys are. Is it September yet?

Yea I don’t know how some of these guys are 3 stars. Watching tape on some of them they just pop off the screen. It’s feel like we are going to look back at this class and laugh at how underrated these guys are. Is it September yet?
Let's hope. Here's the real kicker. OSU has the 64th ranked class. Tulsa Golden Hurricane has the 65th ranked class

There are six commits with a 5.5 three star ranking, which is literally one decimal point from a two star ranking (3 star is 5.5-5.7). Not a single four star either

On paper, this is the worst ranked class of Gundy's tenure. Let's hope that Gundy once again performs miracles in developing this class. Gundy has freely admitted to a very lax recruiting policy. He's stated many times that he and his assistants invest as little time possible recruiting, in favor of family time. I get that. But it's clear that policy needs to end. Find another job if you want family time.

Last edited:
Has it gotten to the point that there is an expectation for OSU to have bad recruiting classes and thus committing to us actually hurts a recruit's ranking?

Let's hope. Here's the real kicker. OSU has the 64th ranked class. Tulsa Golden Hurricane has the 65th ranked class

There are six commits with a 5.5 three star ranking, which is literally one decimal point from a two star ranking (3 star is 5.5-5.7). Not a single four star either

On paper, this is the worst ranked class of Gundy's tenure. Let's hope that Gundy once again performs miracles in developing this class. Gundy has freely admitted to a very lax recruiting policy. He's stated many times that he and his assistants invest as little time possible recruiting, in favor of family time. I get that. But it's clear that policy needs to end. Find another job if you want family time.
You haven't spent much time around this site (or OP), have you? The diehards are still just thrilled to be bowl eligible, and are tickled pink to pay Gundy whatever he asks for 9 wins and a mediocre bowl game in towns like Shreveport every year. Why would Gundy try to find another job when he can make $7mil+/yr, keep getting family time, and fans completely support his results? Imagine how much easier such results will be now that uo and Texas have left. He's set to cruise for another decade at this point, and doesn't need to improve our recruiting.

Quality of recruiting is not a direct correlation to recruiting rankings.

For example Ollie Gordon was a three star RB ranked 41st in the nation at that position.
Jaylen Warren was a two star RB out of high school ranked 201st at his position.

I could go on but, haters gonna hate because it's all about the

Milky Way Loop GIF by #sazanimation

For example Ollie Gordon was a three star RB ranked 41st in the nation at that position.
Jaylen Warren was a two star RB out of high school ranked 201st at his position.

Please, don’t bring logic to the conversation. If OSU can’t win the big 12 nearly every season, finish top 20 in “recruiting rankings” and be in the NC conversation then Gundy and his staff sucks and need to make changes.

All you Gundy lovers need to quit accepting consistent 8-10 win seasons, big 12 champ appearances, good culture/quality young men, etc and start demanding more!!
(Sarcasm for those who couldn’t tell)

And Justin Blackmon and James Washington were 2 and 3 stars, IIRC.

Please, don’t bring logic to the conversation. If OSU can’t win the big 12 nearly every season, finish top 20 in “recruiting rankings” and be in the NC conversation then Gundy and his staff sucks and need to make changes.

All you Gundy lovers need to quit accepting consistent 8-10 win seasons, big 12 champ appearances, good culture/quality young men, etc and start demanding more!!
(Sarcasm for those who couldn’t tell)
Logic? No, what you typed is hyperbole. Its funny that you think people who are hoping for more than 1 Big 12 championship over the course of 18 seasons are expecting us to win "nearly every season". My goodness, that's a massive disconnect on your part.

And yes, one of the main ways we can get better than 9 wins and mediocre bowl is probably to invest more in recruiting. The problem is that Gundy has no interest in getting better. He's cool with our current results, just like you are.

I think something that gets misunderstood is that I actually think Gundy is a really good coach. He clearly does a good job developing the guys we get. The frustrating part is that, after seeing what we do with that talent, he doesn't seem committed to winning enough to invest more into the acquisition part (recruiting). He's told us why, but I think its a bogus reason for a D1 coach.

Last edited:

The coaching staff must be geniuses to pull this off while apparently treating their jobs like part-time shifts at Taco Bell.

Logic? No, what you typed is hyperbole. Its funny that you think people who are hoping for more than 1 Big 12 championship over the course of 18 seasons are expecting us to win "nearly every season". My goodness, that's a massive disconnect on your part.

And yes, one of the main ways we can get better than 9 wins and mediocre bowl is probably to invest more in recruiting.
Welcome Home Yo GIF by Bombay Softwares

Back