National Signing Day Thread

I’m at the point I only pay attention to what happens on the field from late August until early January. I choose to ignore recruiting, portal, NIL and conference realignment. I feel we have lost sight of what the game of football is really all about. I’m going to try to just focus my attention on the games and deal with pleasures and frustrations that they will bring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quality of recruiting is not a direct correlation to recruiting rankings.

For example Ollie Gordon was a three star RB ranked 41st in the nation at that position.
Jaylen Warren was a two star RB out of high school ranked 201st at his position.

I could go on but, haters gonna hate because it's all about the

Milky Way Loop GIF by #sazanimation
Stars do matter but only for about the top 100 kids or so. After that it’s a crapshoot. The teams that are constantly playing for national championships are full of 4 star and 5 star kids. However, there is no way anyone can accurately rate every kid in the entire country. There are definitely 3 star kids that are 4 and 5 star kids they just either play in lower divisions or in states where football isn’t as big. You can build a solid program off those types of kids which is what OSU has done since Gundy has gotten here.

Logic? No, what you typed is hyperbole. Its funny that you think people who are hoping for more than 1 Big 12 championship over the course of 18 seasons are expecting us to win "nearly every season". My goodness, that's a massive disconnect on your part.

And yes, one of the main ways we can get better than 9 wins and mediocre bowl is probably to invest more in recruiting. The problem is that Gundy has no interest in getting better. He's cool with our current results, just like you are.

I think something that gets misunderstood is that I actually think Gundy is a really good coach. He clearly does a good job developing the guys we get. The frustrating part is that, after seeing what we do with that talent, he doesn't seem committed to winning enough to invest more into the acquisition part (recruiting). He's told us why, but I think its a bogus reason for a D1 coach.
Lucky for you, recruits are bought now. You can directly affect the quality of recruits we get with your investment in Pokes with a Purpose and other NIL opportunities.

I’m at the point I only pay attention to what happens on the field from late August until early January. I choose to ignore recruiting, portal, NIL and conference realignment. I feel we have lost sight of what the game of football is really all about. I’m going to try to just focus my attention on the games and deal with pleasures and frustrations that they will bring
I am right there with you.

Logic? No, what you typed is hyperbole. Its funny that you think people who are hoping for more than 1 Big 12 championship over the course of 18 seasons are expecting us to win "nearly every season". My goodness, that's a massive disconnect on your part.

And yes, one of the main ways we can get better than 9 wins and mediocre bowl is probably to invest more in recruiting. The problem is that Gundy has no interest in getting better. He's cool with our current results, just like you are.

I think something that gets misunderstood is that I actually think Gundy is a really good coach. He clearly does a good job developing the guys we get. The frustrating part is that, after seeing what we do with that talent, he doesn't seem committed to winning enough to invest more into the acquisition part (recruiting). He's told us why, but I think its a bogus reason for a D1 coach.
What I said was straight facts buddy. We’re top 20 over the last decade in wins, beat a blue blood program in a bowl game 2 years ago (which wasn’t a mediocre bowl), have consistently beat Texas over the last decade. I think every Oklahoma State fan in the world would like to have more conference championships. Hell, every fan of every program would. But for you to consistently get on here and gripe about recruiting and all this other BS is getting old. Gundy understands what Oklahoma State is and what type of kids fit into the culture he has established.

What I said was straight facts buddy. We’re top 20 over the last decade in wins, beat a blue blood program in a bowl game 2 years ago (which wasn’t a mediocre bowl), have consistently beat Texas over the last decade. I think every Oklahoma State fan in the world would like to have more conference championships. Hell, every fan of every program would. But for you to consistently get on here and gripe about recruiting and all this other BS is getting old. Gundy understands what Oklahoma State is and what type of kids fit into the culture he has established.
And with all the returners we have it’s a good year to take a bunch of under recruited kids, play the ones that can show they can play right away, and let the others spend a year with Glass.

Mark Richt used to sell recruits on “Look what my guys do in the League.”.

After Spurrier would beat Richt with much less heralded recruits, he’d say something to the effect of, “Some guys can recruit the five stars but don’t know how to coach them after they get them.”.

The rankings only mean so much.

Jacobi Oliphant will commit tonight at 6:30
live on instagram. They are projecting he commits to us.

He is from St. Louis and had a very late growth spurt. He went from a size 10 to a size 14 shoe in like 9 months. The guy is 6’4 200lbs and very fast. A hidden gem. Hope we get him.

We are competing against Colorado State, Wyoming, UConn, Ball State, and Ohio. Should be able to pull him.

The biggest stumbling block that kept OSU from winning more conference championships has left the building or are you blind to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep, it's going the way of college basketball for me and I hate it.

Times change, I get it, but as wonky as the whole bowl structure has always been it had some merits., especially when there were less bowls. It's moved to signing day looking like the draft and NIL is free agency now. College football just tilted the playing field so much further in favor of the Haves that parity is now even further removed.

The reason we have struggled to consistently win conference titles is more due to injuries and lack of developed depth.

I don’t think talent is an issue but more so that it takes time for us to take a freshman 3 star player and turn them into a 4 star/5 star player.

The transfer portal helps in a lot of ways because we can pad our roster with experienced players who can contribute fairly quickly and or add depth.

I think we see us excel in the new big 12 and eventually find a very high rated QB. Once this happens we will see our offense back to weeden hay days. We would need only an average defense and we are making a playoff run

True but I think he would have had more big school offers if he didn’t literally mature in his senior year.

I think he could be a really solid player for us.
Teams have fewer spots than they used to since the portal and are also spending less time evaluating high school kids. There will be a ton of kids being left behind. We've always been one of the best at identifying talent.

Luckily we found him late and other schools are too full to come after him.

Teams have fewer spots than they used to since the portal and are also spending less time evaluating high school kids. There will be a ton of kids being left behind. We've always been one of the best at identifying talent.

Luckily we found him late and other schools are too full to come after him.
Exactly, we can find more diamonds in the rough.

The nice thing for us is that we have a great strength and conditioning program which we can show examples of guys like Ollie Gordon and Justin Blackmon.

Back