Kasey Dunn

Herecomesbullet

Saturday was the best job he has done all year, IMO!
He set up the run with the pass & used motion to identify coverage, get matchups & get guys open. He leaned on Ollie at the perfect times, used formations to get 1 on 1 matchups, then knew when to strike.

Dunn takes heat from OSU fans, myself included, but I think he deserves some due for the job he did against Houston. And really, for the most part, all year. Hope he dials it up well enough to win the next 2.

He set up the run with the pass & used motion to identify coverage, get matchups & get guys open. He leaned on Ollie at the perfect times, used formations to get 1 on 1 matchups, then knew when to strike.

Dunn takes heat from OSU fans, myself included, but I think he deserves some due for the job he did against Houston. And really, for the most part, all year. Hope he dials it up well enough to win the next 4 to close out the season.
Fixed it for you... ;)

Dunn takes heat from OSU fans, myself included, but I think he deserves some due for the job he did against Houston. And really, for the most part, all year. Hope he dials it up well enough to win the next 2.
Agreed. The last few games (including Bedlam) we've actually used the pass to setup the run, which is something we've needed to be doing consistently since 2012 (yet failed to do it often). Kudos to Dunn, Gundy, and whoever else contributed to that shift! I just wish we would have figured this out much, much earlier in their tenures.

He's shown some growth this year and its been good to see. I still want to see him be more consistent with his game planning--EVERY game he should be coming up with a way to put pressure on the defense. A team like UCF or USA should not be able to shut us down.

No doubt he's been somewhat hamstrung by injuries to the OL and the offense in general over his career, and this year we've seen less of that, so more success. If he KEEPS growing, he'll end up being a good playcaller/OC. Still has a little ways to go.

Here's the truth.

An OC is only as good as his offensive line. You can have the best OC of all-time but won't mean a thing if the offensive line is below average or worse.

I'll give Dunn credit for the OU game, because that was easily his best called game of his OC tenure. To be honest , that OU game had Gundy written all over it. That offense in the OU game was Mike Gundy's offense Class: 101. Still, I'll give Dunn credit.But the real credit goes to:

1: Someone made the decision to stop the ridiculous nonsense of rotating the offensive line positions, to other positions. That had been a hold-over from Wickline and I'm glad it's done.

That's it. The o-line can finally focus on one position and do their job at it, instead of thinking they're in the RT position, when they're in the LG position.

The o-line has stepped up their game and now the offense is not magically working better now.

Last edited:
Realistically, three is the best we can do.
Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

This year, three is all we will get. BYU, CCG and a bowl. There’s no way we make the playoff. If you see another way, please enlighten the masses.
We have three L's, one to southern Alabama school for the blind, one to the rough'n'tumble fightin' Malzahn's in geriatricville, and one to Iowa State; of course we aren't going to make it to the playoff. The world is brighter when we can laugh and make jokes at our own expense.

stripes lighten GIF

We have three L's, one to southern Alabama school for the blind, one to the rough'n'tumble fightin' Malzahn's in geriatricville, and one to Iowa State; of course we aren't going to make it to the playoff. The world is brighter when we can laugh and make jokes at our own expense.

stripes lighten GIF
Reread what you said in correcting @Herecomesbullet .

“Hope he dials it up well enough to win the next 4 to close out the season.”

You were talking about winning 4 games to close out the season. We will only play a maximum of 3.

That's fair to a point. Once those first few drives went south, he had no answer.
I don’t know if it was an interview w Dunn or Gundy afterwards but they were basically saying that once it all went south we had to abandon play action and rpo and became a “drop back” team which is not close to a compentancy for this team.

That really makes sense from Oline pass pro to bowman to our wr’s (where we only had 2 outside guys healthy who had played meaningful snaps prior).

I don’t know if it was an interview w Dunn or Gundy afterwards but they were basically saying that once it all went south we had to abandon play action and rpo and became a “drop back” team which is not close to a compentancy for this team.

That really makes sense from Oline pass pro to bowman to our wr’s (where we only had 2 outside guys healthy who had played meaningful snaps prior).
Oh sure, it was a factor. And I'm sure it made it more difficult.

But only 3pts against UCF? They took away the run AND the pass against us, but can't do it against ANYONE else?

We need to avoid those performances if you want to be a consistent top 15 program and mostly we have, until Dunn took over. But like I said, he's showing signs of growth and it's encouraging.

I have been a harsh Dunn critic but try to give him credit when it is due. The OU games was one of those credit games. But knowing your o line is struggling and you consistently try and run up the middle expecting something to change in the defense is complete non-sense. I know I am pretty ignorant when it comes to football and play calling but many of the calls make no sense. 3rd and 12 and we throw behind the line of scrimmage. I understand trying it once but not over and over. A good OC calls plays to the strength of their team not plays. I just don't see Dunn as the answer. hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Back