Kansas State Game

1 team gets a layup on baseline inbounds w 2 seconds on shot clock. The other team throws the ball away 2 times on inbounds which lead to layups. That’s 6 points.

Refs tighten the whistle in the second half. 1 team drives and gets layups, fouled or kicks to wide open 3s. The other shoots spot up 3s.

He really needs to go.

Sadly I agree hackleman. They need to fire him and find someone who knows how to manage the game
They aren't going to fire him. Only way he's not coaching here next year is if he takes another job. I don't get the feeling that Chad Weiberg is a guy who's going to make tough choices.

Next yr is a throwaway season w such a young roster and again not a point guard. We will be lucky to finish higher than 12 in the conference. Only UCF and uo will be worse. I haven’t heard how they will do the conf tourney but we might not even make that tournament.

Biggest problem is that the buyout is north of $11 million. We can’t afford that.

They aren't going to fire him. Only way he's not coaching here next year is if he takes another job. I don't get the feeling that Chad Weiberg is a guy who's going to make tough choices.
He can’t. Buyout is north of $11 million and only goes to $9 million after next year. We are stuck for probably 2 more seasons.

There has been zero improvement
I'm not arguing about that. I want him gone too. He's just a mediocre coach and we will just be fighting to make the tourney every year and when we do make it, 2nd round loss is probably the ceiling. I'm just saying don't get your hopes up that Chad Weiberg is going to fire him. Our AD totally comes off as a person who isn't a hard decision making person. He showed no fight last year when the NCAA totally screwed us over. He's seems like just a nice guy AD who doesn't want to make waves and hopes everything runs along smoothly.

He can’t recruit a functional team. Look at the current recruiting class. 1 center, 3 forwards, 1 combo guard… Todays game requires shooters and guys (guards) that can go get a bucket. None of the guys he brings in are known for their offense, just “freak athletes”.

Obviously using the bench as a motivatior is not an option

You are spot on. He rarely uses the bench as a consequence when an ill advised three is jacked or when a guard makes a stupid turnover.

You never hear Boynton talking about accountability after games. He usually talks about shots not falling or the defense. I don’t think he believes in holding players accountable to the game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are spot on. He rarely uses the bench as a consequence when an ill advised three is jacked or when a guard makes a stupid turnover.

You never hear Boynton talking about accountability after games. He usually talks about shots not falling or the defense. I don’t think he believes in holding players accountable to the game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eddie was very good at holding players accountable in a way that would work today. I mean he wasn’t the type to yell and cuss like saban would but his approach worked.

He would get the football gear our if he thought they were playing soft. He made players ride the pine. Even gundy has a tough love stance with the stairmaster.

I think Boynton needs to find a reward punishment model that can hold these guys accountable because the current path is costly

Back