Good news ahead

I understand why Lee has to play coy - but don't know why others are acting all secretive too. Anyway, if the rumor about Daton might be true, frankly it doesn't move the needle for me much anyway. We aren't going to be very good next year to begin with, and Young may be more suited to 133, so is it worth a big $$$ investment (which he absolutely deserves) for one more year of an admittedly great wrestler? IDK. The reality is that we are at least 2 years off of being a top 5 team again, and while I really LOVE watching Daton wrestle, as far as the team is concerned, the difference between say finishing 12 and 15 next year doesn't move the needle a lot. Now, how that would impact perception, and guys in the room that want to train with a guy like Daton? That might play a bigger factor. We are in on a couple of other AA type guys in needed weights, but I do not think it is worth selling the farm and paying top $ for lets say a Shane Griffith to rent for 1 year to move up a couple of places. That money can be better spent on younger guys that will be around when we have the chance to be good, IMO.

If we get Jax Forrest and Dee Lockett and keep our other top young guys, we will be well on the way back to the podium.

Got upgrades at damn near every weight that was a question mark... only leaving a hole at 157. This year's team is going to be way closer to the podium.

Waiting GIF

This is amazing news!

If I had to wildly speculate, and I think I will, the only way Coleman Scott comes home is if John Smith has a tentative plan in place for his remaining years at OSU. Otherwise, why would Scott leave a great thing at NC?
I had the exact same thought.

OK, since you have connections to program, I would love to know what are the thoughts about 141, 149, and 157. Does Alvarez go 141 or 149 (or 157). Can Alvarez beat Jamison at 141 (if he goes there) or Williams at 149. What are plans for 157 where there seems to be hole. I have more questions (like do they redshirt Thompson and Carroll or stat them as true freshman and does Plott redshrt and Whitlake start at 174 and how good does Mirzo look) but I don't want to be too greedy. Thank you in advance for any info you can disclose.

Back