Good news ahead

Lee C.

Patreon Supporter
Thought I would share... can't get into specifics... but things are happening with the wrestling program. It's quiet, and nothing is public yet, but rest assured that moves are being made to get this program back into the top 3 and eventually back at the very top where it belongs. Just because we the fans aren't briefed on every move doesn't mean that it isn't happening. Most of the rumors that the other board has been spewing aren't true, and in some cases are straight up lies and fabrications.

We have significant investment in this program. It's going to be fine. Just need to be a little patient. Good news is coming.

Thought I would share... can't get into specifics... but things are happening with the wrestling program. It's quiet, and nothing is public yet, but rest assured that moves are being made to get this program back into the top 3 and eventually back at the very top where it belongs. Just because we the fans aren't briefed on every move doesn't mean that it isn't happening. Most of the rumors that the other board has been spewing aren't true, and in some cases are straight up lies and fabrications.

We have significant investment in this program. It's going to be fine. Just need to be a little patient. Good news is coming.
Good to hear. I get that you can't get into specifics, but how about a time-line at least?

I don't think so. I got some alarm bells yesterday but don't think it is happening.

Over the next month, I hope. We will see.
Thanks. Pretty sure I know the "alarm bells" you're talking about and I hope it's not happening. Can't afford that right now.

Thanks. Pretty sure I know the "alarm bells" you're talking about and I hope it's not happening. Can't afford that right now.
I understand why Lee has to play coy - but don't know why others are acting all secretive too. Anyway, if the rumor about Daton might be true, frankly it doesn't move the needle for me much anyway. We aren't going to be very good next year to begin with, and Young may be more suited to 133, so is it worth a big $$$ investment (which he absolutely deserves) for one more year of an admittedly great wrestler? IDK. The reality is that we are at least 2 years off of being a top 5 team again, and while I really LOVE watching Daton wrestle, as far as the team is concerned, the difference between say finishing 12 and 15 next year doesn't move the needle a lot. Now, how that would impact perception, and guys in the room that want to train with a guy like Daton? That might play a bigger factor. We are in on a couple of other AA type guys in needed weights, but I do not think it is worth selling the farm and paying top $ for lets say a Shane Griffith to rent for 1 year to move up a couple of places. That money can be better spent on younger guys that will be around when we have the chance to be good, IMO.

If we get Jax Forrest and Dee Lockett and keep our other top young guys, we will be well on the way back to the podium.

Reactions: DPJ
I understand why Lee has to play coy - but don't know why others are acting all secretive too. Anyway, if the rumor about Daton might be true, frankly it doesn't move the needle for me much anyway. We aren't going to be very good next year to begin with, and Young may be more suited to 133, so is it worth a big $$$ investment (which he absolutely deserves) for one more year of an admittedly great wrestler? IDK. The reality is that we are at least 2 years off of being a top 5 team again, and while I really LOVE watching Daton wrestle, as far as the team is concerned, the difference between say finishing 12 and 15 next year doesn't move the needle a lot. Now, how that would impact perception, and guys in the room that want to train with a guy like Daton? That might play a bigger factor. We are in on a couple of other AA type guys in needed weights, but I do not think it is worth selling the farm and paying top $ for lets say a Shane Griffith to rent for 1 year to move up a couple of places. That money can be better spent on younger guys that will be around when we have the chance to be good, IMO.

If we get Jax Forrest and Dee Lockett and keep our other top young guys, we will be well on the way back to the podium.
Haven't heard anything about Daton not wrestling next year.

I haven't even head the Daton rumor and know without a shadow of doubt that he isn't going anywhere.
See that’s what happens when we have all these coy posts, dumb rumors start flying. I meant what I said tho. This team is gonna be about the same as last year, so why waste money on one year rentals even if they are really good like Shane Griffith. if we keep our young studs, sign the excellent guys we have really good chances with we can make it back top 3 in 2-3 years

Not that I'm not OK with bringing in All Americans-I am. But one year rentals just dont move the needle for me much for where we are at. Give me Top 10 recruits and transfers with 3 years left all day. These moves might put us back in the top 10, but it's not like we are gonna podium next year, no matter how many of these AA's we get.

Back