Good news ahead

That's a bit defeatist... if Daton, Olejnik, and Plott can get on the podium, and then you get production from Spratley, Alvarez, Williams, Wittlake, and Carroll... that could be a top 4 team. The talent is in the barn.

We had nobody that would produce at 165 and there wasn't really a long-term guy in the portal outside of Messenbrink, who was a Askren guy so we never had a shot at him. Need to be honest about that. If they've spent time at Askren, then we are climbing a steep hill to get in front of them because the guy doesn't like OSU.

Not that I'm not OK with bringing in All Americans-I am. But one year rentals just dont move the needle for me much for where we are at. Give me Top 10 recruits and transfers with 3 years left all day. These moves might put us back in the top 10, but it's not like we are gonna podium next year, no matter how many of these AA's we get.

Do you have anything else to add then "doesn't move the needle for me" i mean seriously man? crack a book

Do you have anything else to add then "doesn't move the needle for me" i mean seriously man? crack a book
Wtf does a book have to do with my comment? Do I need to spell it out for you that going from 18 to 12th doesn’t help us much and isn’t that exciting? We have some good wrestlers coming In but we aren’t going to be top 5 or even top 10 unless a couple of these guys really surprise.

Wtf does a book have to do with my comment? Do I need to spell it out for you that going from 18 to 12th doesn’t help us much and isn’t that exciting? We have some good wrestlers coming In but we aren’t going to be top 5 or even top 10 unless a couple of these guys really surprise.

Crack a book as in come up with something other than "it doesn't move the needle for me". But of course you wouldn't understand what I meant hence you overusing that phrase. which is a horrible at that!

Crack a book as in come up with something other than "it doesn't move the needle for me". But of course you wouldn't understand what I meant hence you overusing that phrase. which is a horrible at that!
Does reading a book help with grammar? Asking for a friend who thinks reading books won't move the grammar needle.

Because I used the same phrase a grand total of *gasp* twice. Gfy. Why don’t you explain how a one year rental is going to help our team long term? I’m not saying we should turn them down, but let’s not get it twisted. I would much prefer a top 20 recruit with 3 years left than a 1 year borderline AA

Perhaps the point is how many 3 or 4 year guys are there going to be in the future? The trend is for athletes to enter the portal after a year or 2, then grad transfer again -- there's no real commitment to a school any more. Why develop high school kids when you "rent an athlete" from the portal that has already developed. But we would all like to see the athletes commit to a school for the duration.

Not that I'm not OK with bringing in All Americans-I am. But one year rentals just dont move the needle for me much for where we are at. Give me Top 10 recruits and transfers with 3 years left all day. These moves might put us back in the top 10, but it's not like we are gonna podium next year, no matter how many of these AA's we get.

It seems these guys are one 157 pounder away from getting themselves back in the mix for Big 12 Titles plus…

Sooo a 4 year rental? :ROFLMAO:
that doesn’t even make sense…I’m happy to get Jamison (former #70 overall) and he’s been hurt so he might be really, really good (he beat Cody Chittum (a top 2 or 3 in his class kid) a couple years ago, but he’s behind Sammy Alvarez this year and likely Carter Young after that for the next two years. Does he even see the mat for us? Maybe, but maybe not. Don’t try and be a dick for a guy that has a good chance to be a benchwarmer.

p.s. i said give me top 10 recruits and transfers with 3 years left all day- reading is hard

Last edited:
It seems these guys are one 157 pounder away from getting themselves back in the mix for Big 12 Titles plus…
Yes glaring hole at 57, but ISU has improved and Missouri will be tough again. Probably need a real difference maker at 57 to have a chance especially losing out on feldkamp (assuming no wittlake)

that doesn’t even make sense…I’m happy to get Jamison (former #70 overall) and he’s been hurt so he might be really, really good (he beat Cody Chittum (a top 2 or 3 in his class kid) a couple years ago, but he’s behind Sammy Alvarez this year and likely Carter Young after that for the next two years. Does he even see the mat for us? Maybe, but maybe not. Don’t try and be a dick for a guy that has a good chance to be a benchwarmer.

p.s. i said give me top 10 recruits and transfers with 3 years left all day- reading is hard
Was being a smartass. Unwad your panties & take a step back. Or don’t; either way, IDGAF. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes glaring hole at 57, but ISU has improved and Missouri will be tough again. Probably need a real difference maker at 57 to have a chance especially losing out on feldkamp (assuming no wittlake)
OSU has improved as well, and beat Missouri last season. A difference make at 157 could put them over the top.

Without knowing for sure who’s coming or going, especially for the opponents…this is tough to do.

141: No. 22 Carter Young (OSU) dec. No. 7 Allan Hart (MIZZ), 4-2…Hart has been there 6 years, believe he is done…Alvarez should be competitive here…let’s say toss up…

149: No. 7 Brock Mauller (MIZZ) dec. No. 20 Victor Voinovich (OSU), 3-2…Mauller is back, likely doesn’t change unless OSU has something up their sleeve here…don’t expect JW to handle him

157: No. 14 Kaden Gfeller (OSU) dec. No. 8 Jarrett Jacques, 4-3…we don’t yet know who goes for OSU here…believe Jacques has 1 more if he wants it.

165: No. 1 Keegan O'Toole (MIZZ) MD No. 24 Wyatt Sheets (OSU), 14-4….Advatage O’Toole; however Olenik closes the gap

174: No. 10 Peyton Mocco (MIZZ) dec. No. 6 Dustin Plott (OSU), 4-3…Plott shouldn’t lose to Mocco

184: No. 11 Travis Wittlake (OSU) dec. No. 26 Colton Hawks (MIZZ), 6-4…Don’t know who Mizzou runs out here, should be Thompson for OSU

197: No. 19 Luke Surber (OSU) dec. No. 1 Rocky Elam (MIZZ), 5-4…Same matchup

HWT: No. 8 Zach Elam (MIZZ) dec. No. 24 Konner Doucet (OSU), 4-2…Christian Carroll here, makes this much more competitive

125: No. 14 Noah Surtin (MIZZ) dec. Reece Witcraft (OSU), 2-1…Spratley here, he’s beaten Surtin

133: No. 2 Daton Fix (OSU) MD No. 26 Connor Brown (MIZZ), 14-3…Fix

Hard to say without knowing 157…have to give to Missouri till we know better. Same for OSU at 141. OSU should pick up 125.

Without knowing for sure who’s coming or going, especially for the opponents…this is tough to do.

141: No. 22 Carter Young (OSU) dec. No. 7 Allan Hart (MIZZ), 4-2…Hart has been there 6 years, believe he is done…Alvarez should be competitive here…let’s say toss up…

149: No. 7 Brock Mauller (MIZZ) dec. No. 20 Victor Voinovich (OSU), 3-2…Mauller is back, likely doesn’t change unless OSU has something up their sleeve here…don’t expect JW to handle him

157: No. 14 Kaden Gfeller (OSU) dec. No. 8 Jarrett Jacques, 4-3…we don’t yet know who goes for OSU here…believe Jacques has 1 more if he wants it.

165: No. 1 Keegan O'Toole (MIZZ) MD No. 24 Wyatt Sheets (OSU), 14-4….Advatage O’Toole; however Olenik closes the gap

174: No. 10 Peyton Mocco (MIZZ) dec. No. 6 Dustin Plott (OSU), 4-3…Plott shouldn’t lose to Mocco

184: No. 11 Travis Wittlake (OSU) dec. No. 26 Colton Hawks (MIZZ), 6-4…Don’t know who Mizzou runs out here, should be Thompson for OSU

197: No. 19 Luke Surber (OSU) dec. No. 1 Rocky Elam (MIZZ), 5-4…Same matchup

HWT: No. 8 Zach Elam (MIZZ) dec. No. 24 Konner Doucet (OSU), 4-2…Christian Carroll here, makes this much more competitive

125: No. 14 Noah Surtin (MIZZ) dec. Reece Witcraft (OSU), 2-1…Spratley here, he’s beaten Surtin

133: No. 2 Daton Fix (OSU) MD No. 26 Connor Brown (MIZZ), 14-3…Fix

Hard to say without knowing 157…have to give to Missouri till we know better. Same for OSU at 141. OSU should pick up 125.
So 4 decent favorites for Mizzou (149; 157; 165; 197), 1 for OSU (133), tossups at 125, 141 (slight lean MU), 174 (lean OSU), 184, and HWT (lean MU)

Outside chance at a dual win, they will be favored, but way too early says they beat us easily as a tournament team

So 4 decent favorites for Mizzou (149; 157; 165; 197), 1 for OSU (133), tossups at 125, 141 (slight lean MU), 174 (lean OSU), 184, and HWT (lean MU)

Outside chance at a dual win, they will be favored, but way too early says they beat us easily as a tournament team
Looking at it objectively is a great way to go…

125: Advantage Spratley
133: Advantage Fix
141: Toss up at worse, who is Missouri running out here?
149: Advantage Missouri
157: Advantage Missouri …for now. Jacques isn’t a World Beater…if OSU finds the right guy in the Portal, this could easily be advantage OSU
165: Advantage Missouri
174: Advantage OSU, this is more than a lean, especially if Plott is 100%
184: We don’t know seems like the most fair thing…if Missouri has a new guy, who is it? No reason to think Thompson can’t compete here
197; Elam is a stud, we all saw Surber beat him, and it wasn’t a fluke. Surber is the one guy everyone knows cares and has shown the ability to adapt and improve…advatage Missouri, it’s far from a ridiculous idea that Surber wins here
285: Elam vs. Doucet is a mismatch, and the dual score was 4-2. Not to mention, Surber beat this Elam as well, Carroll is an entirely different animal.

Maybe the middle of glass half full and empty is,
Sure bets at a133, 149, 165, and a lot up in the air. OSU should be better, and Missouri about the same (which is really solid).

Last edited:
Back