GIA too big?

The arena size needs to be in sync with the season ticket sales and not necessarily with attendance. Still it would be a big ask financially to do much right now since there is a coaches buyout to contend with.
I wanna see what an at least mostly successful coach can do for attendance before we have serious discussions to shrink GIA. Not sure it'll be packed to the brim but maybe a few times a year again, but at least get out of purgatory before you make long-term decisions.

Two things that I think would help a LOT. Cheaper individual game tickets, and encourage people away from the upper level. For instance, Allowing for some pathway to upgrading day off, cheaper 2nd level seat a day or two before the game if it is low demand, or allowing moving down after the first x amount of play/game starts.

I don't know the best way to do it, but making it less spread out would help a lot.

Honestly at this point you could just pick a seat in the lower level and sit there until someone makes you move. Most games I doubt you'd ever be disturbed. The people who sat next to me a couple of years ago (in the upper level) started doing that. Once the game started they'd find a couple of empties together in the lower level. I only think they ever made it back to their seats in the upper level once.

Xavier came during the 21-22 season. It seems we have been hooking up with the Big East a lot lately. Georgetown came in a few years before that and we went to UConn.

Back