Deer Hunters

We have just a few white tails around here on the central Tx coast so it’s pretty rare to see one. What we do have are Sambar deer, I see almost elk sized ones several times a week. 7 of them were brought onto a giant ranch nearby around 1900 and the population has exploded. In the 100 years or so they were allowed to breed without a high fence they pretty much just went wherever they pleased.
7eac7a39220af03ca319279df5d51ee6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy has been watching this buck for 3 years. Decided it was time to take a shot at him this bow season. Thought he hit a little far back and couldn't find any blood so he backed out and called these guys https://www.heatseekersok.com/?fbclid=IwAR1qbtnWO558UY1HHmgCAVei3vIiKDv5VmMEJyxMVVKBH9t4vZKkU7WjEFQ
They found him buried up in a brush pile within 10 minutes.View attachment 1605
My uncle could have used those guys this week to find an escaped bull. Would have saved him a lot of time.

Well, since I’ve left Okc 20 years ago, I’ve been in deer country the entire time. And cougar. And bear. And wolf. All of which I’ve found in my front yard.

Upon returning to Okc. In the city at 122 and MacArthur, I wake up every morning and open my windows.

There’s a herd of deer 4 feet away just watching me drink coffee while they destroy what’s left of the yard. 20 of them. Apparently, the ravine there is the super highway to Martin Nature Park, and these dudes don’t give a sh!t who you are.

Fed them pumpkins last week. And a Japanese maple.

Can’t believe I had to move to a city to connect with nature.

Thanks. First time I ever shot a deer with a cross bow. Shoulder is still to sore to pull my compound. Crossbows suck, they are heavy and clunky.
I used mine for the first time last year. I only get a few days to hunt and want to maximize my chances. It is a pain in the butt to carry but man, it did the job.

I used mine for the first time last year. I only get a few days to hunt and want to maximize my chances. It is a pain in the butt to carry but man, it did the job.
Same here. Simply maneuvering it to get it into a shooting position is tough to do without bumping something. Got busted figuring that out the first evening hunting. Got to watch a nice 8 run off though so that was fun.

Same here. Simply maneuvering it to get it into a shooting position is tough to do without bumping something. Got busted figuring that out the first evening hunting. Got to watch a nice 8 run off though so that was fun.
I had a nice little 8 point almost run into my sprayer when I was spraying cotton Friday night.

I had a nice little 8 point almost run into my sprayer when I was spraying cotton Friday night.
That's always fun. I had a nice little 8 point shed in one of my tractor tires this spring. What I like is when the hawks and falcons start following me around brush hogging. The falcons are crazy fast when they dive on something. Starting to get a few eagles out by my place also. They just swoop down and pick the prey up.

That's always fun. I had a nice little 8 point shed in one of my tractor tires this spring. What I like is when the hawks and falcons start following me around brush hogging. The falcons are crazy fast when they dive on something. Starting to get a few eagles out by my place also. They just swoop down and pick the prey up.
Three years ago I had around 50 hawks in a field while I was plowing. I felt like The Birds had come to Western Oklahoma

Been in the blind the last few days. Lot of does. Bucks still aren't coming out much during the day.

Had two young bucks walking down our street couple of days ago, and a 8-10 point shooter strolling down the street yesterday. Don’t think my neighbors would appreciate a ground blind in my front yard.😂

Back