Countdown to Cowgirls Softball

Caught a snippet that we really strengthened the lineup. Do you know anything about the new additions?
Yes we have. Plenty of quality bats up and down the lineup as well as on the bench.

Having a 3rd team All-American transfer Rachel Becker coming in to takeover 2nd. She batted over .400 average in back to back years. Have some pop but I like that she has the knack by getting on base.

Sodoloski and Timm are big time that coming in from high schools. I can see them getting quality at bats off the bench. The future is very bright with these two. Another incoming Freshman is Lott. She started in LF during fall ball. I really haven’t heard much about her except she surprise the coaches with her at bats. She worked her way into playing time.

Bloodworth a transfer from Bama looks like the starter on 3rd(it will be odd not seeing Pennington out there). I could be wrong but I can see her putting up approx same numbers as Pennington did.

For DH, incoming Fr. Tallen Edwards and Bama transfer Lexi Kilfoyl I believe will takeover this role. I’m very high on Edwards….Coach G might have thought so too by convincing her and her family to finish high school a year early. Yes, she suppose to be a Sr in HS right now. She has the tools to do something special in her college career. I got to watch Kilfoyl at bat once during fall ball. I have to say that I actually felt sorry for the ball. It felt like Buzz Bomb 2.0. She has the power.

If Naomi and Wynne get their swings back from two years ago….this lineup will be very dangerous.

My projected starters by positions:
Catchers Tuck and Schneidmiller
1st Wynne
2nd Becker
3rd Bloodworth
SS Naomi
LF Lott
CF Factor
RF Carwile
DH Edwards/Kilfoyl

Plus Coach G brought in some wheels to do some pinch running.

This is just my take…if anyone has better information than I do….please share

Yes we have. Plenty of quality bats up and down the lineup as well as on the bench.

Having a 3rd team All-American transfer Rachel Becker coming in to takeover 2nd. She batted over .400 average in back to back years. Have some pop but I like that she has the knack by getting on base.

Sodoloski and Timm are big time that coming in from high schools. I can see them getting quality at bats off the bench. The future is very bright with these two. Another incoming Freshman is Lott. She started in LF during fall ball. I really haven’t heard much about her except she surprise the coaches with her at bats. She worked her way into playing time.

Bloodworth a transfer from Bama looks like the starter on 3rd(it will be odd not seeing Pennington out there). I could be wrong but I can see her putting up approx same numbers as Pennington did.

For DH, incoming Fr. Tallen Edwards and Bama transfer Lexi Kilfoyl I believe will takeover this role. I’m very high on Edwards….Coach G might have thought so too by convincing her and her family to finish high school a year early. Yes, she suppose to be a Sr in HS right now. She has the tools to do something special in her college career. I got to watch Kilfoyl at bat once during fall ball. I have to say that I actually felt sorry for the ball. It felt like Buzz Bomb 2.0. She has the power.

If Naomi and Wynne get their swings back from two years ago….this lineup will be very dangerous.

1st Wynne
2nd Becker
3rd Bloodworth
SS Naomi
LF Lott
CF Factor
RF Carwile
DH Edwards/Kilfoyl

I appreciate the rundown, love me some cowgirl softball, just haven't kept up with the off-season acquisitions.

1st Wynne
2nd Becker
3rd Bloodworth
SS Naomi
LF Lott
CF Factor
RF Carwile
DH Edwards/Kilfoyl

Appreciate your analysis on softball every year, @Sportsfan89

Yes, she going to hold off medical school to comeback next year.
Hell yeah
Yes, she going to hold off medical school to comeback next year.
just saw an article from the Tulsa world about the potential lineup. Looks like you were pretty much spot on.

Tallen Edwards is expected to play left field and there is a platoon for 1st base right now. Also Clompton is out for the season

Hell yeah

just saw an article from the Tulsa world about the potential lineup. Looks like you were pretty much spot on.

Tallen Edwards is expected to play left field and there is a platoon for 1st base right now. Also Clompton is out for the season
Thanks for letting me know about Clopton.

With Tallen Edwards….I felt like she will be in the lineup when she graduated a year early. She is a special player to watch. With her starting in LF….that doesn’t surprise me because Coach G wants what he feels the best 9 bats even if a player has to change position.

This Friday night at 6 pm our time……Cowgirls will take on No. 22/24(ESPN and Coaches poll) Oregon

Our Song Dancing GIF by Neil Sanders

Back