Bowl Selection Thread

Welp, looks like A&M’s interim coach just took the DC job at Syracuse. Obviously Petrino is already off to Arkansas. Is Elko going to go ahead and take over for the Bowl game?

A&M?
Here We Go Again GIF

Yep. I expect us to win, but mostly because they will likely get destroyed by the portal.

We need to win! We owe them one for the last time we played them in a bowl game and should’ve beaten them easily but found a way to do the Poke Choke. We need to cap off this season with 10 wins which in my book with everything we went through and everything we were facing would qualify as a very good season all things considered. If Gundy can keep this team together with minimal portal losses. This could really be a launching board into a special season next year and a place in the first 12 team playoffs!

What I didn't hear mentioned anywhere is how the handling/excuse for leaving out FSU this year was the exact opposite for what was said to justify putting Ohio State in in '14 with unknown Cardale Jones at QB.
They basically just $#!t all over the entirety of FSU's roster after Travis; you know, the rest of those folks that saw what needed to happen and stepped up their game to hold Louisville to 6! points to allow their limping offense to win the game yesterday with a true FR 3rd string QB.
Garbage

God this burns me up!
I also saw yesterday a show where they had the teams up on the screen, and when discussing FSU one guy said "take away the 12-0 record...." NO! THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS!!!!

I know I'm looking forward to watching our defense get shredded once again, and watching Bowman throw into double and triple coverage repeatedly. Should be fun.

What I didn't hear mentioned anywhere is how the handling/excuse for leaving out FSU this year was the exact opposite for what was said to justify putting Ohio State in in '14 with unknown Cardale Jones at QB.
They basically just $#!t all over the entirety of FSU's roster after Travis; you know, the rest of those folks that saw what needed to happen and stepped up their game to hold Louisville to 6! points to allow their limping offense to win the game yesterday with a true FR 3rd string QB.
Garbage
And, when they just changed their own rules to put tosu in the CFP in 2020 after playing just 6 games.

Goons gonna have a seriously tough time with Arizona. Arizona has been playing really well the last half of this season. They destroyed Utah and have been blowing some decent teams out.

Bama would likely beat FSU head-to-head, but FSU is an undefeated P5 champion. If UGA had won, I suspect FSU would have been in the playoffs over Texas.

I had an 0-3 day on Saturday.

Garbage

The wild thing is they had FSU at #4 last week knowing that Travis was out. If it was a factor it should have been accounted for two weeks ago.

The wild thing is they had FSU at #4 last week knowing that Travis was out. If it was a factor it should have been accounted for two weeks ago.
Exactly. They should have already dropped if their record was going to be disregarded. But they left them in to deliberately create controversy.

Exactly. They should have already dropped if their record was going to be disregarded. But they left them in to deliberately create controversy.

I think they figured UGA would win the conference. If they had FSU would have remained. They got caught in the pickle of holding the SEC out and folded like we all knew they would. UT got in only due to the fact they were locked in one spot above Bama. If UGA won yesterday Texas is #5.

Back