Big 12 Softball Tournament

B7

Factor 6-3 groundout
Wynne Flyout to CF
Edwards single
Tuck triple scores Edwards…two outs. Almost left the field
Timm to pinch hit for Bloodworth
Flyout to LF to end the game

Jayhawks win 8-7. Jayhawks first win in the big XII tournament since 2007.

Good news, we’re hosting. Bad news, no super regionals. Probably needed to win the whole thing to get back in the conversation. Let’s hope they don’t place Wichita State in our regional

Last edited:
Wow this team just continues to flounder. On paper this team is better than last years team but they just can't figure it out.

This team has lost their mojo. They’re pretty much done for the year. They just played themselves out of hosting a regional. Oh well, there’s always next year!

This team will be lucky to win a game in regionals, they don't care, Gajewski needs to bench a few of these players, but won't cause he probably thinks the team is playing well

Pretty embarrassing loss to a team they have no business losing to. They all look like headcases right now. For all of the great things Coach G is, he hasnt mastered the mental side of the game.

I know some fans were upset Naomi didn’t make all big XII…she struggled unfortunately in big XII play. Batted .254, had a .919 fielding percentage with 7 errors along with a .319 OB%. 2nd team, maybe I’d put her on there but she wasn’t no where near deserving of a 1st team spot IMO

I know some fans were upset Naomi didn’t make all big XII…she struggled unfortunately in big XII play. Batted .254, had a .919 fielding percentage with 7 errors along with a .319 OB%. 2nd team, maybe I’d put her on there but she wasn’t no where near deserving of a 1st team spot IMO
She started the year strong like we had all hoped, and has been much better at the plate, but you can't have a SS that makes so many errors and win big games. Which is tough, when there's an AA shortstop playing at second base. I get that it would be hard for Coach G to make that move though.

She started the year strong like we had all hoped, and has been much better at the plate, but you can't have a SS that makes so many errors and win big games. Which is tough, when there's an AA shortstop playing at second base. I get that it would be hard for Coach G to make that move though.
That's the most frustrating part. Naomi is an AA shortstop defensively. It's why you couldn't take her out of the lineup last year. She just has the yips right now.

She started strong no question….best of her career….at the same time I’m talking strictly conference play, which is where she’s judged. She’s struggled in conference play. Hitting, fielding, all the above. I get why the coaches left her off…that said it’s way too late to make the change especially since she probably hasn’t worked at second. With how fragile this team is mentally…can’t make that move IMO

Back