Bedlam Weekend

I know I’m in the minority here….at the time I thought it was a good move to switch pitchers. After OU leadoff double, Aycock looked tight….trying to do more instead of being herself. On top of that, if you go by past history when pitchers face OU batters…the 3rd time around, more time than not has been costly. You can say this time…analytics did not work.

If we meet them in the Big 12 title game…part of me would like to see Aycock be in the circle……but the other part saying that OU has gotten enough data on how to bat against her. They could be in time with her

Happens all the time in MLB. You bring in your 8th inning guy and they can't touch him, then you bring in your closer to finish. I understand it in the regular season, where you lose one occasionally doing this, but win 30+ using the same formula. It's a long season and you save arms for the long haul. But for college softball (or baseball) I stick with the hot hand unless they're obviously out of gas. I can live with this one, even though it's the goons, but I hate it when a coach overthinks it in a postseason elimination game.

Back