Abilene Christian Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just can’t coach. He made no adjustment the first 30 minutes of the game while the deficit just kept ballooning. Then he thought oh let’s speed them up. The lob down low was the most effective thing we had yet he let guys just fire away 5 seconds into the shot clock. No one drove the ball and tried to finish. It was literally 1 3 and done.

He just can’t coach. He made no adjustment the first 30 minutes of the game while the deficit just kept ballooning. Then he thought oh let’s speed them up.
Great representative for the school but a sorry coach. He is no longer learning on the job in year 7. He has had no real success beyond Cade and didn’t make a run with him either. I really want him to succeed but I have all but given up.

How are we always so consistently bad at free throws?
Thompson has a circular motion from left to right in his form. It should be balanced and linear. It’s been his problem since day 1 and how it hasn’t been corrected is beyond me.

Dailey has a lean. When he was straight up and down he made his. But see Bryce above.

That is bush league by the official. But Boynton needs to be pissed off at his team and coaching staff. They don’t deserve to win this game. Just awful offensive basketball tonight. Over dribbling, way too much 1 on 5 basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marsh is serviceable in the post. Should have had 20 tonight. How we don’t have sets where the ball goes to him on the block w motion and screens to get Dow to the his side of the floor and make defenses actually defend is unbelievable.

But we continue to run high ball or dribble handoffs w people that can’t beat their man off the dribble. We also are complete failures at utilizing screens because we allow the on ball defender to squeeze over the top and maintain on ball leverage. This also allows help side to stay connected to their man and doesn’t allow for open 3s.

He just can’t coach. He made no adjustment the first 30 minutes of the game while the deficit just kept ballooning. Then he thought oh let’s speed them up. The lob down low was the most effective thing we had yet he let guys just fire away 5 seconds into the shot clock. No one drove the ball and tried to finish. It was literally 1 3 and done.
We didn’t have one player who could beat their man off the dribble and get to the rim.

Bryce, Wright, Q not Hicklan could blow by their guy. Maybe ACU has some quick dudes but I have to believe 12 of the 14 Big12 schools will be quicker.

Can you imagine what Fku or Houston will do to this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back