2024 Football Recruiting Thread

Flip szn… and not in the good way with this one. Tonga to ASU, assuming they offered early playing time.

Bored Paul Rudd GIF

Edit: He picked Texas.

Kobe Black will be streaming his commitment live today at 4:20 PM CT.

Last edited:
On the brightside, we can all get excited and disappointed again in a year or two when he enters the transfer portal.
I’d say there’s a good chance of that. If people go look at the portal over the last couple years, these blue bloods are Recruiting 5* kids out of HS and then turning around to pay portal elites to come in also. Which then results in multiple highly recruited HS kids entering into the portal. It’s like a cycle. At some point common sense needs to kick in some of these kids/families.

I’d say there’s a good chance of that. If people go look at the portal over the last couple years, these blue bloods are Recruiting 5* kids out of HS and then turning around to pay portal elites to come in also. Which then results in multiple highly recruited HS kids entering into the portal. It’s like a cycle. At some point common sense needs to kick in some of these kids/families.
My pitch to a lot of these kids would be;

There’s 52 of you at (insert blue blood here) at OSU you’re the man day 1. I’d rather go play with 4-5 of them, starting first day of camp, be all over the field for 3+ years and then move on. Would prefer that entirely over being an afterthought for 2-3 years waiting.

My pitch to a lot of these kids would be;

There’s 52 of you at (insert blue blood here) at OSU you’re the man day 1. I’d rather go play with 4-5 of them, starting first day of camp, be all over the field for 3+ years and then move on. Would prefer that entirely over being an afterthought for 2-3 years waiting.
I'm pretty sure Kobe got paid well. That's the other battle we're fighting.

I'm pretty sure Kobe got paid well. That's the other battle we're fighting.
Oh no doubt. Not a thing we can do about it either.

PWaP tweeted today that they have 60 (!!!!!) donors for the offensive line initiative.

There are 55,000 fans at home games.

$10/month per fan

55,000 x 10 x 12 months = $6,600,000 annual football NIL budget. Some could and would give more.

We were (and are) at a numbers disadvantage before pay for play was laid out for everyone to see.

End of the day there are only a select number of spots to play. I’d rather play than watch.

Last edited:
Back