2024 Football Recruiting Thread

Anyone know of any potential surprises today? I know this is a pretty small class, but I'm still frustrated by how low we are ranked. It would be nice if we could snag at least one more surprise.

Oh no doubt. Not a thing we can do about it either.

PWaP tweeted today that they have 60 (!!!!!) donors for the offensive line initiative.

There are 55,000 fans at home games.

$10/month per fan

55,000 x 10 x 12 months = $6,600,000 annual football NIL budget. Some could and would give more.

We were (and are) at a numbers disadvantage before pay for play was laid out for everyone to see.

End of the day there are only a select number of spots to play. I’d rather play than watch.

The problem is they didn't ask for $10/person/month. They asked for $100/person/month to fund the OL. Sure you could sign up for less, but the in-stadium announcement asked for so much that all but ~ 0.1% of those in attendance have signed on to the OL initiative. I'm a monthly PWAP donor, but I never considered the OL initiative.

OSU is the only Big 12 team without a four star recruit. Yikes. Edit: Baylor doesn't either

UCF's first Big 12 recruiting class is surprising, IMO. If UCF continues recruiting at a high level, UCF may become the/a Big 12 team to beat. Texas Tech also has a damn good class.. ranked 1st in the Big 12.

OSU has played in the Big 12 championship game 2 times past 3 years. How that hasn't translated into better recruiting is very concerning. Mike Gundy is certainly a magician in developing two and three star recruits... just wish recruiting reflected the rather unbelievable success Gundy has achieved. The current class is the worst ranked class of Gundy's tenure.

Last edited:
OSU is the only Big 12 team without a four star recruit. Yikes. Edit: Baylor doesn't either

UCF's first Big 12 recruiting class is surprising, IMO. If UCF continues recruiting at a high level, UCF may become the/a Big 12 team to beat. Texas Tech also has a damn good class.. ranked 1st in the Big 12.

OSU has played in the Big 12 championship game 2 times past 3 years. How that hasn't translated into better recruiting is very concerning. Mike Gundy is certainly a magician in developing two and three star recruits... just wish recruiting reflected the rather unbelievable success Gundy has achieved. The current class is the worst ranked class of Gundy's tenure.
The transfer portal is littered with "four star recruits" who never seemed to live up to that standard! 🥴

UCF is in prime recruiting territory. While I would much rather live in Stillwater than Orlando, I recognize that I'm a country boy who grew up in a place that still doesn't have cable TV or pizza delivery. Stillwater is highfaluting living to me.

Back