2024 Cowgirls Roster

We are approx 3 weeks away before Cowgirls fall schedule comes out. Would anyone would like to give their 5 things that you looking for in Cowgirl Softball.

Here is my list

5. Who’s the next Naomi? losing a bunch of experience and leadership with the players we lost…Naomi has been a solid contributor. It going to be interesting to see wants to step up and take the role. Will it be Edwards? Sokoloski? Poullard? Lott?

4. Transfer coming in-Poullard, Graf and Hudson coming in thru the portal. Will they come in to provide some leadership and much needed production to help lead this young team back to the WCWS

3. Tallen Edwards- I think she done really good this past season. Little better than what I thought she would. Seeing that she played INF this summer, I can see her moving position for next season. Whether she does move to INF or stay in the OF….I see her offense improving from last yr.

2.Pitching staff connecting with new pitching coach- Kilfoyl and Aycock pitching styles are very similar to Carrie Eberle asa pitcher….one would think that this could help benefit both of them as long as they healthy. With the other pitchers(Ivy, Kutz,Ogg, Davis) it be interesting how they work together to reach the higher goal.

1. Youth goes Wild or Youth goes Mild? by not going hard in the portal like he has in past…he is focusing on the youth movement. Plenty of talent on this team….time to put their feet into the fire and see who makes the biggest jump.

We are approx 3 weeks away before Cowgirls fall schedule comes out. Would anyone would like to give their 5 things that you looking for in Cowgirl Softball.

Here is my list

5. Who’s the next Naomi? losing a bunch of experience and leadership with the players we lost…Naomi has been a solid contributor. It going to be interesting to see wants to step up and take the role. Will it be Edwards? Sokoloski? Poullard? Lott?

4. Transfer coming in-Poullard, Graf and Hudson coming in thru the portal. Will they come in to provide some leadership and much needed production to help lead this young team back to the WCWS

3. Tallen Edwards- I think she done really good this past season. Little better than what I thought she would. Seeing that she played INF this summer, I can see her moving position for next season. Whether she does move to INF or stay in the OF….I see her offense improving from last yr.

2.Pitching staff connecting with new pitching coach- Kilfoyl and Aycock pitching styles are very similar to Carrie Eberle asa pitcher….one would think that this could help benefit both of them as long as they healthy. With the other pitchers(Ivy, Kutz,Ogg, Davis) it be interesting how they work together to reach the higher goal.

1. Youth goes Wild or Youth goes Mild? by not going hard in the portal like he has in past…he is focusing on the youth movement. Plenty of talent on this team….time to put their feet into the fire and see who makes the biggest jump.
If coach isn't blowing smoke and really believes this could be his best team ever, I want to see that. :giggle:

If coach isn't blowing smoke and really believes this could be his best team ever, I want to see that. :giggle:

I really like this back to back recruiting classes that he put together. We have the potential to be even better. I’m excited to go watch some of their fall games.

On paper, the 2018&19 recruiting classes, both were top 10 and only the 2018 class actually carried the program to what it is today. ‘19 class didn’t do as good.

Every year coach says next years team is the most talented roster he’s had. I don’t think this team will be that, but doesn’t mean they won’t be back in okc. A ton of youth is on this team..maybe too much. How fast they grow up will be the million dollar question

In softball I think you need to have the ability to generate instant offense when a pitcher makes a mistake. I'm not sure we will have the power in the line-up to do that enough. We need to fix that problem with our offense before we will have a legitimate chance to win a natty.

Softball is a funny game, you are normally better the younger you are, within reason. Coach Kenny is speaking the truth.

In softball I think you need to have the ability to generate instant offense when a pitcher makes a mistake. I'm not sure we will have the power in the line-up to do that enough. We need to fix that problem with our offense before we will have a legitimate chance to win a natty.

That one thing I do like what Gajewski has changed by bringing in Coach Cloer and changing the trajectory of how to swing the bat. The improvement in every stat line except for the long bal….helped put us in position to succeed. Could we have done better…yes. Just glad it wasn’t worst.

That being said…we have to replace 6 hitters from last season lineup. While I think the youth has lots of upside to their game…I also worried the inexperience will come to play.

On D1 Softball, they have some fall schedule from a few teams. One of them is Wichita St. They will travel to Stillwater to take on the Cowgirls on Oct. 1st.

Considering it’s that time that coaches can contact the 2025 (junior prospects), a couple kids probably committed. Who could be anyone’s guess.

I agree….Sept 1st is the first day coaches make contact and offers…..I been checking out Twitter(X) to see if anyone says anything

Back