Wrestling Starters next year

Like I said, not much left in the portal. For conversation sake did anyone here the gundy interview with Tulsa take of the town? Gundy talked about how good Prentiss Elliott was and how he had really turned things around now. Could AJ be the same type of story in 15 years?
Not a chance. Prentiss was a product of his environment and unfortunately took too much time to overcome his setbacks and gang affiliations. Glad to see he’s not in prison and going back in coaching capacities because he is the best athlete I’ve ever witnessed. AJ is wired differently, almost a type of autism like tendencies and has some bipolar manic mannerisms also. He has had zero discipline and is a ticking time bomb. Those traits do not “heal”. That’s the brain being wired a certain way and he is scary at times. Fights, car wrecks, assaults etc. He deserves to be in prison but even that won’t help him.

Like I said, not much left in the portal. For conversation sake did anyone here the gundy interview with Tulsa talk of the town? Gundy talked about how good Prentiss Elliott was/could have been and how he had really turned things around now. Could AJ be the same type of story in 15 years?
No. As I have always said. Someone will kill aj.

He’s a horrible raged out over roided bully. He will have his head removed from his neck

S
Not a chance. Prentiss was a product of his environment and unfortunately took too much time to overcome his setbacks and gang affiliations. Glad to see he’s not in prison and going back in coaching capacities because he is the best athlete I’ve ever witnessed. AJ is wired differently, almost a type of autism like tendencies and has some bipolar manic mannerisms also. He has had zero discipline and is a ticking time bomb. Those traits do not “heal”. That’s the brain being wired a certain way and he is scary at times. Fights, car wrecks, assaults etc. He deserves to be in prison but even that won’t help him.
ee my post above

My general view (knowing little) is OSU's wrestlers were pretty well coached. Now I do think Coleman Scott helped. Maybe before Scott there were too many injuries, a sign that guys were pushed too hard. And one has to think Plott belonged at 184, not 174 last few years. I really think the problem was lack of talent. One think I look at is how many starters are from Oklahoma. Oklahoma is a small state, and it doesn't have the best high school wrestling. So if 7 or 8 OSU starters are from Oklahoma, we are pretty lean on talent.
My theory may get tested a bit under Taylor. One thing with David Taylor is he thinks coaches should be able to and should wrestle with wrestlers. Does that change improve our team? I think it will be telling if he can turn our solid wrestlers, but a step below AA status, into AAs. I think we have 5 in that camp, Spratley, Jamison/Young, Williams, Travis, and Surber. Maybe Spratley would have been an AA under old coaches as he was very close, but will be interesting to see how many of others move up. But if a couple more AA from that group, pretty clear the mat coaching of DT has helped.

DT is a product of cerebral domination taught to him by Cael. John did not relate to younger kids and did not connect with them on the mental level. Times have changed and kids have changed. Pressures, workouts, strength and conditioning etc. John felt to close the gap you had to work harder and tear your body up more. Cael is the king of working hard but preaching recovery, both physical and mental. DT is very smart. Our average guys should make huge strides with their mental approaches. Less thinking, more aggression. We have a lot of young talent. Now we have the correct leader that will find success quickly

With Williams arrested and kicked off team, starting lineup may have a different look.

Simplest answer is Carter Young takes over 149 spot. Another simple answer is Jamison goes to 149 and Young at 141.

Answer 3 is Fish moves to 157 and Travis moves down to 149, which is where he was at beginning of last year before he moved up to 157.

Answer 4 is Hughes, who is big for 133, moves up to 141. Jamison, who is a big for 141, moves up to 149. They replace Hughes at 133 with McComas or Witcraft.

With Williams arrested and kicked off team, starting lineup may have a different look.

Simplest answer is Carter Young takes over 149 spot. Another simple answer is Jamison goes to 149 and Young at 141.

Answer 3 is Fish moves to 157 and Travis moves down to 149, which is where he was at beginning of last year before he moved up to 157.

Answer 4 is Hughes, who is big for 133, moves up to 141. Jamison, who is a big for 141, moves up to 149. They replace Hughes at 133 with McComas or Witcraft.
Wait...what!?

Jamison isn't eligible to wrestle until mid season due to his aggravated dwi arrest. Hughes can't make 33 and can't beat Jamison or Carter.

Do you even follow wrestling?

Don't be a jerk
Well, Jamison isn't moving up. He is not eligible to wrestle til mid Jan due to his DWI he received in June. Even suggesting Carter will wrestle is a joke. Sorry, but he isn't the same as 2 years ago. Hughes blew weight at trials, that was FS (heavier) not to mention he couldn't make it last season!! Not one time. McComas? He got smoked by high school kids at Trials, how in the world would he compete with grown men?

I think first question is can Hughes make 133. If he does, he starts there. If not, he starts at 141. If hughes cannot make 133, Witcraft is most likely but I still think McComas can't be counted out as he was a pretty high recruit from a good program. When Blankenship started at 125, I thought he looked too small. Maybe he has grown, but don't see him starting at 133. If Hughes starts at 141, Jamison may go up to 149. You also have Young and does Travis go down and Fish wrestle 157.

I think first question is can Hughes make 133. If he does, he starts there. If not, he starts at 141. If hughes cannot make 133, Witcraft is most likely but I still think McComas can't be counted out as he was a pretty high recruit from a good program. When Blankenship started at 125, I thought he looked too small. Maybe he has grown, but don't see him starting at 133. If Hughes starts at 141, Jamison may go up to 149. You also have Young and does Travis go down and Fish wrestle 157.
Do you understand Jamison isn't eligible to wrestle? He got a dwi (aggravated) in June.

You said Jamison isn't eligible till January. So is he the 141 pounder after January?

Wrestlestat has Hughes at 133, Jamison at 141, Young at 149, and Travis at 157.

What do you think?

Wrestlestat has Witcraft at 133, Hughes at 141, and Jamison at 149. I don't know if that is correct, but seems reasonable. And if Jamison cannot wrestle till January, Young can fill in at 149.

I kinda of hate to see Hughes go at 141, as that weight class will be brutal while I see 133 as easier.

We will see how much impact new coaching staff has as we have a lot of guys who are close to AA status, or have been AA in past but missed out last year, and if they can improve just a bit under new coaching staff we could have a lot of AAs next year.

Back