Wrestling Recruiting

Alirez committing today. Rumors are he’s picking OSU. Hoping for some great news today! Seems like we are in the buy now mood and building a long term vision.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that if he picks OSU, it's because of his long term goals and not for a payday. We are nowhere near his biggest offer... In fact I'm confident that Northern Colorado offered him more money.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that if he picks OSU, it's because of his long term goals and not for a payday. We are nowhere near his biggest offer... In fact I'm confident that Northern Colorado offered him more money.
Can you say how much NIL money our wrestlers making?

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I'm not comfortable sharing that. It's not as low as OSU fans think it is and it's not as high as other team's fans think it is. And it's completely different now under the new regime, apparently. We'll see how it shakes out.

I'm not comfortable sharing that. It's not as low as OSU fans think it is and it's not as high as other team's fans think it is. And it's completely different now under the new regime, apparently. We'll see how it shakes out.
That's understandable. Thanks.

Something I want to make sure y'all know... I have no connection into the program anymore so I'm getting stuff third hand now. Which is fine. Don't need access to do what I do. But this new staff is completely different.

Something I want to make sure y'all know... I have no connection into the program anymore so I'm getting stuff third hand now. Which is fine. Don't need access to do what I do. But this new staff is completely different.
I appreciate the information as you are able to share it. I'm willing to bet most of us do.

You still have better info than I do. So thanks for any info you can share.

Alirez asked for $150k and was matched by multiples and UNC bumped higher. I would assume most transfers are in the $50-100k range, finalists obviously in the $100-200k+ range. There are many ways to spin NIL. Car leases, cash, incentive based contracts etc. Sports Animal was talking about ou QB commit Sperry turning down NIL saying to give it to the weapons around him. If his goals are met in a few years he will get paid. Crazy even typing this stuff

I just want it to be known that Hendrickson was coming to OSU regardless.

Amine is his first real pickup and it's a big one!

Back