We can agree on this….

Bump. Just watched and man there’s some disgusting companies out there. I’m a free market capitalist but shut them the hell down.

Bump. Just watched and man there’s some disgusting companies out there. I’m a free market capitalist but shut them the hell down.
I did a six year stint in business management consulting. Mostly in oil and gas. For eight weeks I was basically building detailed PowerPoint presentations explaining what was happening subsea during the Macondo response (Deepwater Horizon). Most were sent to the BBP executive leadership. Some were sent to the US Labs geologists. At least one of my decks was sent to Obama. I also had a very short stint on a project team with Secretsry of Energy Stephen Chu.

It was pretty exhilarating work, but I saw things that convinced me most of the industry is a racket. The billing rates were crazy and the value of most of the work was negligible. Most consultants exist in order for the client to avoid hiring employees that are harder to get rid of, or as a scapegoat if things go badly.

Back