Trump lawyer admits he pressured Pence to decertify election on Fox Interview

And he also admitted in June that he had provided false claims of election fraud in Georgia to Georgia's Legislation as part of their investigation

John Eastman Admits Making False Claim To Ga. Lawmakers

He Just Confessed To The Crime’:

Is it a crime to unsuccessfully try and pressure someone into doing something they don’t want to? If so thank God the statute of limitations have long run out on any date I went on in HS! I honestly don’t know, and I’m too lazy to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a crime to unsuccessfully try and pressure someone into doing something they don’t want to? If so thank God the statute of limitations have long run out on any date I went on in HS! I honestly don’t know, and I’m too lazy to look.

There are a whole host of crimes arising from unsuccessfully trying to force or pressure someone into doing something they don’t want to do.

Off the top of my head:
-witness intimidation and tampering
-jury tampering and witness intimidation
-blackmail
-interference with official process

If you really think about it, attempted armed robbery is unsuccessfully pressuring someone to do something they don’t want to do.

Last edited:

Coercion or an attempted Coercion are both Illegal

Coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences to compel that person to act against his or her will." Actual violence, threats of violence, or other acts of pressure may constitute coercion. But they are only considered coercion if used to subvert a person's free will or consent.

Not only do we have Trump's own tweets from Jan 5 and the Morning of Jan 6th BEFORE Pence did his duty . These Tweets show Trump trying to Pressure Pence into doing something illegal.....we also have Trump's own lawyer on Fox saying HE was also pressuring Pence at this same time too.

Trump and his cronies already knew they had the fake electors scheme in place and they worked VERY hard to coerce Pence to Decertify the election so the Fake elector scheme could be triggered

And Remember these Tweets Trump made was AFTER they had tried to get Pence out of the process and get Grassley set up to do it as Grassley was in on it but Pence didn't step down and let Grassley have the Gavel...after that the Trump team started an all out blitz on Pence to try to Coerce him into decertifying so the plan they had in place of Fake electors could be triggered.

From the GA Indictment

The final three Trump tweets listed in the indictment revolve around Trump’s pressure campaign against his vice president, Mike Pence, in the lead-up to the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot.

The 98-page indictment at length discusses Trump and his inner circle’s alleged scheme to overturn the election results by submitting false slates of electors and leveraging Pence in his role presiding over the counting of the Electoral College votes as president of the Senate.

The Vice President has the power to reject fraudulently chosen electors,” Trump claimed in a Jan. 5 tweet.

The indictment also lists two tweets on Jan. 6 itself, in the early morning hours.

“If Vice President @Mike_Pence comes through for us, we will win the Presidency,” Trump wrote. “Many States want to decertify the mistake they made in certifying incorrect & even fraudulent numbers in a process NOT approved by their State Legislatures (which it must be). Mike can send it back!”

Just after 8 a.m., when the former president’s supporters were gathering on the Ellipse for a rally at which Trump and multiple other defendants in the indictment spoke, Trump tweeted again:

“States want to correct their votes, which they now know were based on irregularities and fraud, plus corrupt process never received legislative approval,” Trump tweeted. “All Mike Pence has to do is send them back to the States, AND WE WIN. Do it Mike, this is a time for extreme courage!”

Last edited:
Coercion or an attempted Coercion are both Illegal

Coercion is "the use of express or implied threats of violence or reprisal (as discharge from employment) or other intimidating behavior that puts a person in immediate fear of the consequences to compel that person to act against his or her will." Actual violence, threats of violence, or other acts of pressure may constitute coercion. But they are only considered coercion if used to subvert a person's free will or consent.

I guess this is what I was wondering about. If they threatened him with physical harm I haven’t heard about it. And what reprisal? He was certifying himself out of a job, what did they have to threaten him with?

Back