Rangel done for the season

Rangel had surgery to repair a broken collarbone and is done for the season. Should be ready for spring ball.

Sounds like Cooper might miss some games and Rucker's status is still up in the air.

Wonder if he could get a medical redshirt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rangel had surgery to repair a broken collarbone and is done for the season. Should be ready for spring ball.

Sounds like Cooper might miss some games and Rucker's status is still up in the air.
Feel bad for Rangel! It looked like he had turned the corner with his performance last Friday! Looks like Cooper has a leg or knee injury of some type and could be out for about three to four weeks, so Glass will take over as Left Tackle full time! 🤔

What a rotten year. I was watching him run down the field on that play he got hurt and thought “all right” maybe we found something here”

I feel especially bad for GR. That’s gotta suck worse than OU to finally get a start after watching Bowman stink it up, only to get sidelined by injury.
I still think you may see the freshman Smith play some in the next few weeks! He probably has the strongest arm of all the QBs on the now dwindling roster! 🤔

I still think you may see the freshman Smith play some in the next few weeks! He probably has the strongest arm of all the QBs on the now dwindling roster! 🤔
Spring might be interesting if Smith gets his 4 games. Flores, Rangel after showing potential last week and the Smith with the most play time in the last 12 months. Curious how many of the three would stick around. I could see Rangel leaving for a fresh start considering everything hes delt with but he seems like he's been super patient dealing with it so far.

The more I think about it, the more I think we won't see Smith. If he shows any promise at all, that creates a full blown 3 way QB controversy next season. That's the last thing Gundy wants.

What was in the turf in Provo? Land mines?
The frustrating part of Rangel’s injury is that it was completely avoidable had he just not reach out his elbow to break his fall. And I get it, I played football and understand how hard it is to be tackled correctly at times, but it was just frustrating to see happen after he had finally found his groove and our offense had started to click.

The frustrating part of Rangel’s injury is that it was completely avoidable had he just not reach out his elbow to break his fall. And I get it, I played football and understand how hard it is to be tackled correctly at times, but it was just frustrating to see happen after he had finally found his groove and our offense had started to click.
Or if only he had “get away from the cops speed.” Then it is a touchdown and no injury.

Back