Nardo has got to be fired

Nardo has got to be fired! Defense gets worse every week!, ans Bowman should be benched for the rest of the year, this is totally embarassing!
There’s actually people out there that think the jury is still out on Nardo and you shouldn’t fire a coach after two years. Yes, they walk among us.

Makes a sock account just to day that? SMH

Honestly it's not that hot of a take IMO. Personally I'd give him another year just because it's going to be really expensive to replace two coordinators in a single off-season and I'm worried we would cheap out on both.

Dunn needs to be gone before Monday though.

Makes a sock account just to day that? SMH

Honestly it's not that hot of a take IMO. Personally I'd give him another year just because it's going to be really expensive to replace two coordinators in a single off-season and I'm worried we would cheap out on both.

Dunn needs to be gone before Monday though.
I'd hold Gundy's feet to the fire and make him get rid of both of them. And if he pouts like a f'n baby and refuses to do it, then get rid of his azz too. These idiotic hires by Gundy have to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd hold Gundy's feet to the fire and make him get rid of both of them. And if he pouts like a f'n baby and refuses to do it, then get rid of his ass too. These idiotic hires by Gundy have to stop.

If we have the cash and he's told to make big boy hires I'm game.

If it's ond or the other though I'm hoping we get rid of the guy that makes Ycurcich look like a genius

The defense is bad, but I will say that they have key guys out and have at times played well. I think Dunn is the much worse coordinator. His cupboard is loaded and yet our offense is putrid.
Not arguing but I think Nardo is far worse. He was in no way, shape or form qualified for the job. He's drowning. I asked our assistant AD for football today why JoeBob and the other coaches stayed on staff when the Nardo hire was made. I mean, they were literally passed over for a guy with limited DC experience at a bulls**t school nobody had heard of. He had no experience at this level. I was told that it was the work/life balance. Gundy and these coaches do not put in the time.....at all. Gundy doesn't demand it because he doesn't want to hit it hard. Yet they get paid upper tier salaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
The defense is bad, but I will say that they have key guys out and have at times played well. I think Dunn is the much worse coordinator. His cupboard is loaded and yet our offense is putrid.
They were bad before the injuries. Bottom line is Nerdo is in way over his head and this was a historically bad hire that should have been corrected after last year.

Our defense looks like Gundy’s old teams that had to focus most of their recruiting efforts on the offensive side of the ball. They can’t slow anyone’s run game down at all. When you couple that with a sorry offense you are left with a really poor football team that will win very few of its remaining games. Outside of Rucker, who is playing well? Daniel’s effort is poor and our defensive line is terrible. We get zero pass rush and when we do we run right by the QB. All this adds up to Nardo needing to go elsewhere.

If we have the cash and he's told to make big boy hires I'm game.

If it's ond or the other though I'm hoping we get rid of the guy that makes Ycurcich look like a genius
They both should be gone. But if I have to choose, Dunn has sucked at play calling for years and we’ve somehow been fairly productive. QB play is magnifying his issues.

On the other hand, we are at extreme lows on defense, challenging for last of 133 teams in FBS. In a year and a half, there are no indications that Nardo can gameplan, and put players in position. Defenders are lost out there. Tackling is horrendous. We’re getting gashed by the run and huge chunk plays through the air. WVU could have hung 60 had they wanted. I can only guess the laughter and conversations that opposing coaches are having in preparation, for this D.

Not arguing but I think Nardo is far worse. He was in no way, shape or form qualified for the job. He's drowning. I asked our assistant AD for football today why JoeBob and the other coaches stayed on staff when the Nardo hire was made. I mean, they were literally passed over for a guy with limited DC experience at a bullshit school nobody had heard of. He had no experience at this level. I was told that it was the work/life balance. Gundy and these coaches do not put in the time.....at all. Gundy doesn't demand it because he doesn't want to hit it hard. Yet they get paid upper tier salaries.
The latter part is my biggest complaint with Gundy and his staff. OSU has been duped into paying these ridiculous salaries for less than 100% effort and the subsequent mediocre results. It's a bad look for our current leadership. Hopefully there's enough motivation now for leadership to start taking this seriously.

I think any honest analysis has to ask‘how do you get this much worse’ a year after appearing in a big 12 championship game & returning more players than 90% of the country?

How is your Oline actually worse?

How is your 7th year QB still totally failing in his mechanics?

How do you have no answers for defenses predictably loading the box?

All of these point directly to coaching failures, there’s no other way to look at it.

Time for changes.

Show Dunn and Dickey the door first, then we can talk about Nardo!

This was the year we supposedly were set to become the new Big Dog of the Big 12. Instead, we are in dead last place and do not look capable of leaving that position any time soon!

Any move that leaves Nerdo on staff is a complete failure. I don’t like Dunn and have said for 3-4 years that Dickey should be gone. But the Nerdo hire was a complete disaster. He is so far over his head there in no chance for improvement. All three have to be sent packing.

Halfway through the season and we are 130 of 133 teams in total D, and that is with the Tulsa game in there. Surrounded by the likes of New Mexico, Ball state, Kent State. Really, really bad.

Not arguing but I think Nardo is far worse. He was in no way, shape or form qualified for the job. He's drowning. I asked our assistant AD for football today why JoeBob and the other coaches stayed on staff when the Nardo hire was made. I mean, they were literally passed over for a guy with limited DC experience at a bulls**t school nobody had heard of. He had no experience at this level. I was told that it was the work/life balance. Gundy and these coaches do not put in the time.....at all. Gundy doesn't demand it because he doesn't want to hit it hard. Yet they get paid upper tier salaries.
You know what another term for “work-life balance” is? LOSER. You get most $1,000,000 a year and you are sticking around due to work-life balance? If they are there to collect a paycheck fire every damn one of them including Gundy. Their job is results, not “work-life” balance

I agree that Nardo is less qualified and should have never been hired. My only points are that the D has played well at times and atrocious at times. And they have key injuries. The offense is loaded at every position on paper and very healthy. And they really have never played well. I am in no way defending Nardo. To me given how much he has at his disposal Dunn has performed far worse.

Back