How do you feel about government censorship of speech?

Offering a bribe isn't censoring free speech

Censoring free speech by the Govt is when they do it and the other party has no say or want to censor it ..but it gets sensored anyway

You can't label something FREE when the other party is offering a way to pay or compensation to keep it quiet

And I would be very skeptical of anything Musk says or tries to pass off....he has an agenda on EVERYTHING he does

There is a documentary about him on Netflix.....shows you the reality of this dudes NON STOP constant hidden motives to get humans to colonizing other planets...he strait up lets u know that is the only thing In His life that is important and that EVERYTHING he does is geared to lead him towards that goal

What about this one?

What about this one?

I'm unfamiliar with the that. What is your specific objection, please?

Do you believe it serves the interest of the people when government officials induce or compel social media platforms to only permit the expression of views approved by the government?
Social media platforms are private business entities and free speech doesn't apply to that

Just because Facebook won't let me post something racist, doesn't mean my free speech has been squashed ,because u can say those words with it without social media

I can stand out in a street corner with a bull horn and spout crazy ignorant racist crap until I pass out and as long as no one is complaining that I'm disturbing the peace then I'm free to do that

And if I don't own a bullhorn and try to borrow someone else's bullhorn, and they refuse ..the bullhorn owner didn't interfere with my freedom of speech..and if the mayor walks by and ask the bullhorn owner to not let me have the bullhorn....and the bullhorn owner agrees.... freedom of speech has still not been thwarted..same thing with social media

Last edited:
Social media platforms are private business entities and free speech doesn't apply to that

Just because Facebook won't let me post something racist, doesn't mean my free speech has been squashed ,because u can say those words with it without social media

I can stand out in a street corner with a bull horn and spout crazy ignorant racist crap until I pass out and as long as no one is complaining that I'm disturbing the peace then I'm free to do that

And if I don't own a bullhorn and try to borrow someone else's bullhorn, and they refuse ..the bullhorn owner didn't interfere with my freedom of speech..and if the mayor walks by and ask the bullhorn owner to not let me have the bullhorn....and the bullhorn owner agrees.... freedom of speech has still not been thwarted..same thing with social media

I don't believe any of that is in dispute.

The question is if it's appropriate for government to pressure and compel private organizations to censor speech.

I don't believe any of that is in dispute.

The question is if it's appropriate for government to pressure and compel private organizations to censor speech.
Govt can compel and ask private business to do all kinds of stuff and have since the industrial revolution

Hell there is an entire govt entity that employees thousands of people across this country to censor speech for private entertainment and movie making businesses, and radio stations, and television and broadcasting and it's been around for decades upon decades

I wouldn’t trust Elon Musk as far as I could throw him so you’re probably going to offer up a more credible claim to discuss.

Do you dislike Musk because he permits free speech on his platform?

You may recall that he bought Twitter after they banned the satire site "Babylon Bee" for "misgendering" a man who pretends to be a woman.

Did you agree with them being banned?

Govt can compel and ask private business to do all kinds of stuff and have since the industrial revolution

Hell there is an entire govt entity that employees thousands of people across this country to censor speech for private entertainment and movie making businesses, and radio stations, and television and broadcasting and it's been around for decades upon decades

In other words, your answer is "yes", you support government censorship of speech. Thanks for your feedback.

I'm unfamiliar with the that. What is your specific objection, please?
It's government dictating what can and cannot be discussed in the classroom: specifically anything that pertains to discrimination based on race, gender, sexuality, etc.

You don't see that as a clear violation of the 1st amendment?

Do you dislike Musk because he permits free speech on his platform?

You may recall that he bought Twitter after they banned the satire site "Babylon Bee" for "misgendering" a man who pretends to be a woman.

Did you agree with them being banned?
You do realize that Musk has banned reporters he doesn't like on twitter, right? So much for "free speech absolutism".

In other words, your answer is "yes", you support government censorship of speech. Thanks for your feedback.
Giving you examples if it happening and ongoing for 70+ years doesn't mean I support it

Just pointing out the answer to this question if the govt censors speech...yeah they do and hey have been for longer than most of us have been alive

No reason to go pearl clutching over it now because it's moved beyond film, radio, television to the Internet

They will do it too on the next platform that replaced the Internet too

Just because that is reality and I point it out doesn't mean I support

It's government dictating what can and cannot be discussed in the classroom: specifically anything that pertains to discrimination based on race, gender, sexuality, etc.

You don't see that as a violation of the 1st amendment?

I don't know.

Should teachers have the freedom to teach their class about their sexuality? Should teachers have the freedom to fly BLM, Pride, or Confederate flags in their classrooms? Or should teachers stick to teaching the curriculum?

I guess my vote is to stick to the curriculum. I don't believe it's a violation of a teacher's freedom of speech to require them to stick to the curriculum when teaching school children.

Back