How do you feel about government censorship of speech?

I don't know.

Should teachers have the freedom to teach their class about their sexuality? Should teachers have the freedom to fly BLM, Pride, or Confederate flags in their classrooms? Or should teachers stick to teaching the curriculum?

I guess my vote is to stick to the curriculum. I don't believe it's a violation of a teacher's freedom of speech to require them to stick to the curriculum when teaching school children.
Yes, teachers should have the ability to discuss topics related to the subjects they teach and share their own experiences in a professional manner. They should not have their licensure removed by the government for teaching or discussing discrimination of any sort of people group or identity.

How would you suggest Jim Crow and civil rights be taught without touching on racial discrimination?

Hell I'll even give you the next gen platform of mass communication that will replace the Internet or overtake the Internet to be more precise that will be censored

They are already trying to do it

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

they are literally already trying to censor what it can and can't make, what it can and can't use as code, if it's output should be labeled artificial or real etc etc

Hint...AI companies bare private companies too and govt running to stay ahead of compelling what they can't and can produce

I don't know.

Should teachers have the freedom to teach their class about their sexuality? Should teachers have the freedom to fly BLM, Pride, or Confederate flags in their classrooms? Or should teachers stick to teaching the curriculum?

I guess my vote is to stick to the curriculum. I don't believe it's a violation of a teacher's freedom of speech to require them to stick to the curriculum when teaching school children.
You’re gonna love it here. Stay hooked!

Do you dislike Musk because he permits free speech on his platform?

You may recall that he bought Twitter after they banned the satire site "Babylon Bee" for "misgendering" a man who pretends to be a woman.

Did you agree with them being banned?
1. He doesn’t permit “free speech” on his platform.

2. I think an owner of a private communications platform should be able to ban or moderate the use of their site however they choose.

3. He announced the purchase of twitter in a not so elaborate scheme to pump and dump stock he previously held, tried to get out of the purchase, was sued, and was forced to complete the transaction.

The government should answer back crazy fake stuff on the Internet with free speech of his own to debunk it. Who in government has ever debunked the nonsense that the covid vaccines are really bioweapons.

What part is way worse? The items limiting racism.
Or the items curtailing racism?

60 4. Members of one race, color, sex, or national origin
61 cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to
62 race, color, sex, or national origin.
63 5. An individual, by virtue of his or her race, color, sex,
64 or national origin, bears responsibility for, or should be
65 discriminated against or receive adverse treatment because of,
66 actions committed in the past by other members of the same race,
67 color, sex, or national origin.

I have a lecture I give on the difference in pain managment between black patients and white patients. There have been tons of studies with the same conclusion. Black patients receive pain control in the ER less quickly and at lower doses than white patients. Not because docs are purposefully racist, it is just another example of the "systemic racism" that they want to prevent from even being mentioned. But, if you can't tell doctors in training what their biases might be, they will never fix their biases.

If I was teaching at a public Florida medical school or hospital, that vaguely written stuff would make me not discuss this. "4." barely even makes sense in English. No way I am going to risk my livelihood on some conservative yahoo prosecutor's interpretation of what this means after some MAGA-loving student declared me "woke." Just like doctors are not doing abortions to help the mother until she is near death because of the way these crazy, unnecessary MAGA oppression laws are written.

If the wording of a law to prevent speech has to be this twisted, it is a bad law.

And, I am 100% certain you will defend it. I could not care less. In fact, because I know how you think that would just be further confirmation that I am on the right track.

I don't know.

Don't you think you are showing our obvious bias in your list of things that don't stick to the curriculum that you failed to mention the bible, sin, creation, Noah's Ark etc. Because as a student in Oklahoma, I certain heard my teachers go off curriculm into those thing far more than any of your concerns.

60 4. Members of one race, color, sex, or national origin
61 cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to
62 race, color, sex, or national origin.
63 5. An individual, by virtue of his or her race, color, sex,
64 or national origin, bears responsibility for, or should be
65 discriminated against or receive adverse treatment because of,
66 actions committed in the past by other members of the same race,
67 color, sex, or national origin.

I have a lecture I give on the difference in pain managment between black patients and white patients. There have been tons of studies with the same conclusion. Black patients receive pain control in the ER less quickly and at lower doses than white patients. Not because docs are purposefully racist, it is just another example of the "systemic racism" that they want to prevent from even being mentioned. But, if you can't tell doctors in training what their biases might be, they will never fix their biases.

If I was teaching at a public Florida medical school or hospital, that vaguely written stuff would make me not discuss this. "4." barely even makes sense in English. No way I am going to risk my livelihood on some conservative yahoo prosecutor's interpretation of what this means after some MAGA-loving student declared me "woke." Just like doctors are not doing abortions to help the mother until she is near death because of the way these crazy, unnecessary MAGA oppression laws are written.

If the wording of a law to prevent speech has to be this twisted, it is a bad law.

And, I am 100% certain you will defend it. I could not care less. In fact, because I know how you think that would just be further confirmation that I am on the right track.
Yes I don’t think people should treat people differently due to someone’s skin color. You trying to justify your support of racism by tying to biological pain control is incredibly weak.

Yes I don’t think people should treat people differently due to someone’s skin color. You trying to justify your support of racism by tying to biological pain control is incredibly weak.

I know you were trying to do a zinger with your "justify support of racism" but what you said doesn't even make any sense.
It is pretty tough to feel hurt by illogical smack talk.

Back