General Basketball Recruiting News

I hope that the fact that Lutz played a key role in bringing Edey to Purdue, another international big man, and Edey proceeding to win Player of the Year, gives Lutz a great deal of credibility with this recruit.

Unlike Edey though, this Reibe guy is already a highly rated recruit and is considered to be less of a project.

I can't help but think that Lutz doesn't exactly have deep pockets to draw from concerning NIL. Merely speculation though.

I am actually quite intrigued with the transfers he has brought in. He has brought in a lot of guys who have played a lot of minutes and won a lot of games. Maybe no superstar talents, but a DEEP roster of guys that can and should make a significant impact on winning games. It seems Lutz is bringing in a group of guys that are going to change the culture around OSU basketball and I think that is sorely needed. If he can get them to buy in to the culture he seems to be trying to create, I think a relatively minor talent deficiency can be overcome and Lutz can win a lot of games.
And maybe their strategy is to build a team then “pay” the last couple. I know we had the 6’8” guy in town last week. The international levels open up a whole new can of options for teams. Looking overseas and offering a young man $50-100k could be life changing for some.

IMG_5689.png
After watching some film he looks like an nba player. Long and very athletic. Like a taller Markel Brown. An eye injury is much better than an Achilles tear or major surgery.

Glad we get him second! Better to have a chance to close than to be rushing to a second visit. Ou appears to be over the limit and the LNC is a dump: they do have the Trae Young, Blake Griffin pitch though. Hoping for good news soon! seemed a couple months ago he might’ve been headed to butler. Bedlam NIL must be in play!

Back