Fire NARDO!!!

Gundy won’t do this, but I really wish he would go hire a guy under the Saban/Kirby Smart Tree to come in and run the defense. Defense is a mindset and those guys just know what it takes to get it done on that side of the ball.

For the last few DC hires. Our DCs have been standalone hires that don't bring any position coaches with them to work under them. That's kind of weird. Also our personnel is not deep and have clearly been hampered by Colin Oliver and Nick Martin not playing. Both guys clearly made everyone on the defense look better.

I can't tell if Nardo is good or not. It's clear, he's not great.

I think firing people without fixing some of the infrastructure for the poor performance is idiotic and futile.

Firing is dealing with the symptoms and not the cause.

Did you watch the game? We scored 35 on the #23 D
I watched this game like every other game this season. Dunn is a pathetic OC and has been for years. He had an average game last night which is completely out of his character. We should be averaging 35 to 40 points a game and miss me with the #23 ranking. We're twice as talented as BYU

I watched this game like every other game this season. Dunn is a pathetic OC and has been for years. He had an average game last night which is completely out of his character. We should be averaging 35 to 40 points a game and miss me with the #23 ranking. We're twice as talented as BYU
Odd take, defense sucked and lost the game so fire the OC? I think most everyone would be pretty happy if we’d seen that “average” play calling all season.

Gundy won’t do this, but I really wish he would go hire a guy under the Saban/Kirby Smart Tree to come in and run the defense. Defense is a mindset and those guys just know what it takes to get it done on that side of the ball.

I don't know who from the Smart-side that would be an option. Lanning has already made the jump to HC. Schumann isn't leaving UGA for anything less than a HC gig. Muschamp was pivotal in the national championship years, but he's burned out and moved to an off-the-field position. Robinson has the "co-DC" title and is likely to move into the DC role when Schumann gets his HC shot.

The DB coach is in his first year. He was hired because he is a great recruiter, but his position group has regressed on the field.

Dog poo game! Screw his d3 defense and the horse he road in on

Gannon is D-II.

Smart and Muchamp were both D-II immediately prior to being hired by Saban/Bowden respectively. Leach was a D-II coordinator immediately prior to getting the Kentucky OC gig. Holgerson made the jump from D-II to Texas Tech.

Of course, the common denominator may be Valdosta State more so than D-II for that group.

Watch the last play and tell me what the DC does all week. I’ve seen peewee teams try to tackle better than that and they’re scared of everyone.
This D is soft as I’ve ever seen. Don’t know Nardo’s mentality because we’re not allowed to, Gundy won’t let the coordinators talk, but I can only imagine players adopt the mentality of their coaches. And hearing them talk after the games, indicating they played well tells me that is what they are hearing from coaches. I also don’t know how much care factor there is with the assistants that were passed over for this unqualified dude. They’re collecting a big paycheck but you know in the back of their minds they’re kinda laughing saying…”see?”. Who wouldn’t? Not saying they don’t get along, but Gundy basically gave them a slap in the face with this hire created a toxic environment. Those things will probably come out in time.

For the last few DC hires. Our DCs have been standalone hires that don't bring any position coaches with them to work under them. That's kind of weird. Also our personnel is not deep and have clearly been hampered by Colin Oliver and Nick Martin not playing. Both guys clearly made everyone on the defense look better.

I can't tell if Nardo is good or not. It's clear, he's not great.

I think firing people without fixing some of the infrastructure for the poor performance is idiotic and futile.

Firing is dealing with the symptoms and not the cause.
Ummm, TWO ALL AMERICAN QUALITY TYPE PLAYERS tend to make your defense look pretty good!!! 🤔

Gannon is D-II.

Smart and Muchamp were both D-II immediately prior to being hired by Saban/Bowden respectively. Leach was a D-II coordinator immediately prior to getting the Kentucky OC gig. Holgerson made the jump from D-II to Texas Tech.

Of course, the common denominator may be Valdosta State more so than D-II for that group.
I am sure there are good coaches from D2 but

1) I don’t trust gundy to identify a defensive coach that is good from this level of football.

2) I don’t trust gundy to find one from
D2 that can recruit at the level needed to build a successful defense.

And last but more obviously, nardo is not one of those good coaches or isn’t experienced enough. Either way, he is very bad.

We have given up 3434 yards ranked dead last in defense.

Back