Climate Change

No, it has everything to do with tax credits. The first groups started advertising them in March of 2019
That may well explain the so called farmer that leases our hunting lease. If he can get $35 an acre for his sorry butt that would more than compensate him for the cost of his lease. I saw a woman out in our most accessible field. Quizzed her as to what she was doing. Said she was a OSU AG grad student trying to figure out why his cotton crop was so bad. I told her that’s easy, he’s planted cotton three years in a row.

What is annoying to me is how a particular weather event happens, then people start blaming it specifically on climate change.

According to climatologists, that is not how it works. Climate change increases the chance/frequency of adverse weather events, but it is impossible to know if a singular event is because of climate change.

Also, if you look at the data, it is clear that it is happening, but the data doesn't align with alarmists either. No need to torpedo the economy to address the issue.

That may well explain the so called farmer that leases our hunting lease. If he can get $35 an acre for his sorry butt that would more than compensate him for the cost of his lease. I saw a woman out in our most accessible field. Quizzed her as to what she was doing. Said she was a OSU AG grad student trying to figure out why his cotton crop was so bad. I told her that’s easy, he’s planted cotton three years in a row.
Lots of successful cotton farmers plant cotton more than two years in a row, you have to set cotton fields up and that process takes time. We use a cereal grain for cover in the late fall and early winter. You have to give the guy credit for trying to figure it out.

So he leases the farm but you get to lease the hunting? That would cause conflict I would think. I’ve had to deal with more difficult deer hunters than I care to think about. I had one guy hunting that paid a lease to someone and was really angry when I ran him off. He just couldn’t get through his head the guy at the bar had lied to him and took his $1500.

What is annoying to me is how a particular weather event happens, then people start blaming it specifically on climate change.

According to climatologists, that is not how it works. Climate change increases the chance/frequency of adverse weather events, but it is impossible to know if a singular event is because of climate change.

Also, if you look at the data, it is clear that it is happening, but the data doesn't align with alarmists either. No need to torpedo the economy to address the issue.
A climate cycle is generally considered to thirty years, or it was when I took ecology. One weather event does not a climate make

Breaking news: It gets hot in July.

View attachment 811
Breaking news: The Old Reliable Insurance Co. has pulled out of Oklahoma. When insurance agents weren't busy taking storm claims they were helping ex Old Reliable policy holders find new insurance companies to get with. What could have caused that? Climate change!

Meanwhile, Farmers Insurance became the latest property insurance company to pull out of Florida. Farmers said in a statement that the decision was based on risk exposure in the hurricane-prone state. Risks for carriers have also been growing as climate change increases the strength of hurricanes and the intensity of rainstorms. At least six insurers went insolvent in Florida last year. Once again, climate change! But conservatives prefer to think of it as a change in the weather at worst.

Last edited:
Lots of successful cotton farmers plant cotton more than two years in a row, you have to set cotton fields up and that process takes time. We use a cereal grain for cover in the late fall and early winter. You have to give the guy credit for trying to figure it out.

So he leases the farm but you get to lease the hunting? That would cause conflict I would think. I’ve had to deal with more difficult deer hunters than I care to think about. I had one guy hunting that paid a lease to someone and was really angry when I ran him off. He just couldn’t get through his head the guy at the bar had lied to him and took his $1500.
The only real conflict is he doesn’t hunt or care to know the season. Twice showed up first day of black powder he’d worked the north side all night and was moving to the south to finish. Just left, hunt ruined for days. Lost ground cover freaked the game out.

The only real conflict is he doesn’t hunt or care to know the season. Twice showed up first day of black powder he’d worked the north side all night and was moving to the south to finish. Just left, hunt ruined for days. Lost ground cover freaked the game out.
You do realize that farming doesn’t work around hunting seasons? If he’s working all night there’s either a weather issue or timing issue with help. I have to do my farm work around my day job.

I even had the sheriff’s office called on me once for running at 2:00 AM by a lady that had just built a house next to a farm in a very rural and remote part of Oklahoma when we were still full tillage. We were up against the insurance window closing due to rain and my dad was in the hospital and my mom was with him so it was just me.

That was an interesting conversation. He didn’t check the cab for beer cans, but he was a real asshole. The sheriff got a call five minutes after Barney left about him driving in the field with his lights going. His first question was “Is this your farm?”

Sorry to devolve, we need football to kickoff

Back