Climate Change

PF5

Ranger
US heatwave: A third of Americans under extreme heat advisories bbc

A "dangerous" US heatwave is forecast to intensify this weekend, with warnings issued across the south-west.
"Do not underestimate the impact of heat", the National Weather Service (NWS) warned on Saturday.
Nearly a third of Americans - about 113 million people - are under heat advisories: from Florida to California and up to Washington state.
Phoenix, Arizona, is likely to hit 110F (43C) on Saturday for the 16th day running - nearing a record.
Death Valley in California - one of the hottest places on Earth - is forecast to reach 128F (53C).
Last week, the global average temperature was 63F (17.23C), the highest ever recorded.
Scientists say the temperatures are being driven by climate change and the naturally occurring weather pattern known as El Niño, which happens every three to seven years and causes temperatures to rise.
The world has already warmed by about 1.1C since the industrial era began and temperatures will keep rising unless governments around the world make steep cuts to emissions.

I’ve been in Italy the last couple of weeks. It is beyond hot right now.

In an odd way the extreme heat helped Transportation… a train strike was scheduled for a couple of days earlier this week, but workers were ordered to work because people were getting overcome with heat at train stations.
And the airport workers strike scheduled for today was cancelled.

Why is that every weather extreme is climate change? We had a major drought in the 30’s and 50’s. We had the hottest stretch in my lifetime in 80’s. We had El Niño in the 80’s with lots of water. We need to remember that better measurements that give better localized weather than 20 years ago. Weather repeats. You have to adjust.

Why is that every weather extreme is climate change? We had a major drought in the 30’s and 50’s. We had the hottest stretch in my lifetime in 80’s. We had El Niño in the 80’s with lots of water. We need to remember that better measurements that give better localized weather than 20 years ago. Weather repeats. You have to adjust.
Call it what you want, deny it if you will, but your opinions have a negligible impact on climate change .

Call it what you want, deny it if you will, but your opinions have a negligible impact on climate change .
That’s where you are wrong. I farm, I do no till, I do cover crops, I’ve even done crops for bio fuels. My “true carbon footprint” is small enough I even sell carbon credits. I have legit skin in the game

That’s where you are wrong. I farm, I do no till, I do cover crops, I’ve even done crops for bio fuels. My “true carbon footprint” is small enough I even sell carbon credits. I have legit skin in the game
Great, now convince the rest of the world to follow your lead. Your actions are better than your opinions! How refreshing.

Great, now convince the rest of the world to follow your lead. Your actions are better than your opinions! How refreshing.
Go ahead and give us the list of things that you are doing to head off this so-called climate crisis.

Forgive for only being involved in agriculture by having a garden, but when did Oklahoma accept the Kioto climate agreement? I thought carbon credits were only in California for now.

Forgive for only being involved in agriculture by having a garden, but when did Oklahoma accept the Kioto climate agreement? I thought carbon credits were only in California for now.
Well you thought wrong, since I started shopping them I’ve had three different offers. I’ve sold one contract for $35 an acre. You can get more but the paperwork gets worse the higher the number goes.

Last edited:
Well you thought wrong, since I started shopping them I’ve had three different offers. I’ve sold one contract for $35 an acre. You can get more but the paperwork gets worse the higher the number goes.
Is this the result of Biden rejoining the Kioto agreement?

Back