Big 12 Tournament Thread

D1 Baseball has OSU as an 11 seed, hosting of course Dallas Baptist, Alabama, and Grand Canyon--paired with Clemson regional
Team A:
*37 wins
*Regular season "champs"
*5-13 vs. in or rec. votes for any top 25
*14 RPI
*1-4 head-to-head against Team B

Team B
*40 wins
*Tournament champs
*8-7 vs in or rec. votes for any top 25
*11 RPI
*4-1 head-to-head against Team A

Yea...sure looks to me like Team A is deserving of the higher seed

This would be fine with me. I also saw a projection early yesterday that had us as #12/#13 seed with Southern Miss, Oregon, and Penn in the regional so sort of a hodgepodge but would be fun. However, we moved up since with D1 even including us in top 8 conversation based on RPI and 20 quad 1/2 wins.

As you said, ORU is going to be sent to one of the top national seeds. If just for location, they could go to Arky.

D1 now has OU as #8 with LSU, Oregon, and SEMO in the regional. Sign me up to watch that knife fight!
Those teams in those respective regions I'm all for. Finally some fresh new teams and avoids lava hot LSU.

So do I remember correct that today they announce just the 16 host sites, solely alphabetical order? Then tomorrow all the final details are revealed?

So do I remember correct that today they announce just the 16 host sites, solely alphabetical order? Then tomorrow all the final details are revealed?
Correct. They typically announce all 16 host sites in alpha order via Twitter/X later today without showing the teams/seedings/matchups. So, it is a bit of an appetizer before tomorrow.

Probably an outside shot but DBU is in the consideration set for the #16 host seed (a la Indiana St last year). If they happen to land that last host site (must win today because otherwise they will be at large), we know they won’t be in Stilly. However, I am expecting they will be in our regional again. If Duke beats FSU today, I could see them or Miss St snagging the last host site.

Last edited:
Anybody old enough to remember the Sean Hugo "No Fear" tshirts that were printed when he hit a bomb out of All Sports Stadium (double ceck fence) against OU in the Big 8 Tournament? I was 15 or 16 and sitting in RF bleachers.

Not that I want another T shirt like that, but Schubart's HR kind of reminded me of that. They didn't use his name but maybe Hugo was entitled to some NIL money? :ROFLMAO:

Anybody old enough to remember the Sean Hugo "No Fear" tshirts that were printed when he hit a bomb out of All Sports Stadium (double ceck fence) against OU in the Big 8 Tournament? I was 15 or 16 and sitting in RF bleachers.

Not that I want another T shirt like that, but Schubart's HR kind of reminded me of that. They didn't use his name but maybe Hugo was entitled to some NIL money? :ROFLMAO:
I do. Just yesterday my wife and I were naming all the road sites we’ve watched OSU baseball (Omaha, Arlington, Frisco, Wichita, Norman, The Brick, etc.) and I said don’t forget All Sports. We also called it 89ers stadium back in the day. I remember Josh getting absolutely destroyed on a play at the plate one year as well.

I will be happy wherever we go but for the love of god DO NOT put us in a bracket with DBU
I'm a broken record at this point, and it's not even about level of competition, it's that I don't want to see the likes ORU, DBU, or GCU in Stillwater AGAIN before seeing arky AGAIN if we make supers. Give us something new. 2016 being paired with Clemson and USC was great. Mix it up a little bit if you're gonna fly teams clear coast to coast like Oregon to NC anyway.

I'm a broken record at this point, and it's not even about level of competition, it's that I don't want to see the likes ORU, DBU, or GCU in Stillwater AGAIN before seeing arky AGAIN if we make supers. Give us something new. 2016 being paired with Clemson and USC was great. Mix it up a little bit if you're gonna fly teams clear coast to coast like Oregon to NC anyway.
Unless its that year they sent us to Louisville for a super even though we had the better claim to it. Still pisses me off. Turf fields were a new thing back then and we weren't used to it. Ate us up all weekend. Cost us a trip to Omaha.

I feel like Arizona State is one of the most underperforming athletic departments in all of college sports...they should be better at just about everything
They have the resources and they keep expanding. I saw a campus location in Santa monica and now they are merging with a campus in DTLA. I think by joining the big 12 they will finally start getting back to what they were. Their president also sucks lol

They have the resources and they keep expanding. I saw a campus location in Santa monica and now they are merging with a campus in DTLA. I think by joining the big 12 they will finally start getting back to what they were. Their president also sucks lol
Interesting, how does that work that a State supported school (by the State of Arizona) have a campus in Los Angeles?

Interesting, how does that work that a State supported school (by the State of Arizona) have a campus in Los Angeles?
Not really sure, I just pulled this up from their site though
"Arizona State University is a public university established in the State of Arizona. ASU is approved to operate in the state of California by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education and is approved to offer select programs in-person at the ASU at Los Angeles location."

Complete host list:

UGA
UNC
UVA
Clemson
aTm
OR St
Arky
ECU
Tenn
UK
#2 Big 12 team (soon to be SEC bottom dwellers; hint: not Texas)
NC St
UCSB
Go Pokes!
FSU
Zona (only debatable one in my opinion since their RPI was in 30s; Duke, DBU, Miss St, and Indiana St were in the mix as well)

Last edited:
Back