Big 12 Tournament Thread

Because they swept a bunch of bad baseball teams to win the regular season championship
Yep, you’re right. Lost series to us, Texas, and WVU but swept all the middle and lower B12 teams. I don’t think they’ll make it out of their regional. Any 2-4 seed would have to be ecstatic to go there. They have a very good #1 pitcher, which most teams do. Their #2 is just okay and they’ve never really settled on a #3. Bullpen is shaky as we’ve seen.

I would certainly hope uo gets bumped down and we leapfrog them. Have to look hard at the head to head results.
Before this weekend, I was thinking somewhere #12-#16 seed. Given we won the B12 title, I could make an argument for #10 seed just outside of top 8. So, I am going to say #10-#12 without knowing what other teams did this weekend. I will say if I am #5, #6, or #7 national seed, I don’t want any part of a possible matchup with the Pokes in the Supers especially with our starting pitching and bats coming alive.

DBU faces La Tech for the conference title today, they are of course already in

Wichita State faces Tulane for conference title today

ORU dominated the Summitt League tournament (top seeded Omaha went 2 and barb on other side of bracket) and moves on despite 27-30 record and 13-15 league record. They will probably get sent to a 1 or 2 seeds regional

Like CS Fullerton, USC is another traditional baseball school that has fallen off the map completely
They’ve been awful for a while.. I’d like to see CSF get back up. I grew up following them.. seems that the sec exploded in baseball overall the last decade and half . LSU was always the class of the conf and then UF came along, Vandy, and now Tenn. I’m excited about getting the Arizona schools though - they bring a serious reputation on the diamond

They’ve been awful for a while.. I’d like to see CSF get back up. I grew up following them.. seems that the sec exploded in baseball overall the last decade and half . LSU was always the class of the conf and then UF came along, Vandy, and now Tenn. I’m excited about getting the Arizona schools though - they bring a serious reputation on the diamond
I could see Saarloos going back there at some point to revive the CSF program. Spot on about the SEC and agree on addition of AZ schools.

I feel like Arizona State is one of the most underperforming athletic departments in all of college sports...they should be better at just about everything

Gotta give Josh and Rob credit. The team appears to be clicking right now.

That was FUN sending the Sooners packing!!! I don’t see how they make it out of their regional. They have not impressed me other than them hitting the ball out of the yard in game 1 of the series at O’Brate (wind was blowing out if I remember correctly). Now granted I refuse to watch them otherwise so I am in no way in the loop.

Anyways, Go Pokes and let’s go get it done!!!

D1 Baseball has OSU as an 11 seed, hosting of course Dallas Baptist, Alabama, and Grand Canyon--paired with Clemson regional
This would be fine with me. I also saw a projection early yesterday that had us as #12/#13 seed with Southern Miss, Oregon, and Penn in the regional so sort of a hodgepodge but would be fun. However, we moved up since with D1 even including us in top 8 conversation based on RPI and 20 quad 1/2 wins.

As you said, ORU is going to be sent to one of the top national seeds. If just for location, they could go to Arky.

D1 now has OU as #8 with LSU, Oregon, and SEMO in the regional. Sign me up to watch that knife fight!

Back