TTU’s Gerlich thinks OSU fans are “unclassy”

OSUCowgirls

In Wednesday’s postgame press conference (linked below), TTU’s Krista Gerlich claimed OSU fans cursed at her daughter and other TTU players while they attempted free throws.

When asked about Bryn Gerlich’s career high night, her mother said, “She was super gutty and it’s unfortunate that they have fans that are going to cuss her at the free throw line. That’s pretty unclassy. Not just her but other players. That’s unbelievable that that’s happening at this level against girls.”

IF this even did happen, and as often as she claims, isn’t this something she could’ve addressed during the game? If she and her players could allegedly hear it, couldn’t the officials hear it too?

I don’t know. Gerlich just seems really petty and bitter about leading her daughter to a winless (0-6) record against her former team.

Too funny. I doubt this happened the way she's claiming. I agree, the referee is standing on the baseline to hear anything the girls hear. Meantime, while she's in this press conference I wouldn't be surprised if back in the locker room it sounded like a Navy submarine reunion.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. I sit on the floor (east side) very near the north goal and I didn’t hear anyone cussing at TT players during FT’s. I did notice after Coach Gerlich went through the handshake line she walked across the floor to the east side and was looking for someone. One of her assistants came over then she left the floor. I occasionally read the message board for the Texas women’s team and those fans think she’s “unclassy” for situations that have occurred at recent TT/UT GAMES.

I like to check in on other message boards too! The Texas fans definitely can’t stand her.

When Gerlich has players cursing at opposing fans and flipping them off, after being ejected, maybe her focus should be on her own team and fans.

One of the things I’ve missed about Big 12 WBB is the drama. From like 2000 to 2010, there was so much drama. Bitter rivalries and coaches who who couldn’t stand each other. Fans had heroes and villains to root for or against.

Then Baylor started steamrolling everyone and it was like the other programs just kind of gave up and stopped trying to catch up to them. It really killed the fan buzz around the league.

Now with Kim Mulkey gone, the playing field has been leveled and other teams have a chance. Maybe we will see a return to the drama and excitement!

It seems like Krista Gerlich is doing her part to fill a villain role for many fans around the league.

The rematch with TT in Lubbock on February 18 will definitely be interesting. I never understood why Scott didn’t get suspended for her actions at TCU (maybe cause there was a total of 9 technicals in that game). Scott didn’t start the next game, but was still their leading scorer.

In Wednesday’s postgame press conference (linked below), TTU’s Krista Gerlich claimed OSU fans cursed at her daughter and other TTU players while they attempted free throws.

When asked about Bryn Gerlich’s career high night, her mother said, “She was super gutty and it’s unfortunate that they have fans that are going to cuss her at the free throw line. That’s pretty unclassy. Not just her but other players. That’s unbelievable that that’s happening at this level against girls.”

IF this even did happen, and as often as she claims, isn’t this something she could’ve addressed during the game? If she and her players could allegedly hear it, couldn’t the officials hear it too?

I don’t know. Gerlich just seems really petty and bitter about leading her daughter to a winless (0-6) record against her former team.

I'll take things that didn't happen for $500 Alex.

Too funny. I doubt this happened the way she's claiming. I agree, the referee is standing on the baseline to hear anything the girls hear. Meantime, while she's in this press conference I wouldn't be surprised if back in the locker room it sounded like a Navy submarine reunion.
Submarine reunion? Long, hard, and full of sea men?

I guess Coach Gerlich had drama with yet another Big 12 team last night. Tech has had drama with Vic Schaefer and Texas, TCU, OSU and last night there was drama in Ames. Those are just the incidents I’ve heard about.

Tech was down 30 and Gerlich was pressing the Iowa State bench warmers. Coach Fennelly called a couple of time outs and stared hard at the Tech bench each time.

Then there was an awkward exchange between Gerlich and Fennelly in the handshake line. Then, according to ISU fans, Gerlich got into it with fans behind her bench, and, according to a reporter from the Cedar Rapids Gazette, a Texas Tech player gave ISU fans the middle finger as they exited.

This would be at least the second time a Tech player has flipped off opposing fans while leaving the court. Bre’Amber Scott gave TCU fans two middle fingers after being ejected in Fort Worth.

I hope Gerlich has just enough success to keep her around for a while. As long as OSU keeps beating Texas Tech, I like the idea of having villains to root against in the conference.

She could be the Wicked Witch of West Texas! :)

Last edited:
Back