Time for age limits and term limits!!

Silly. Henry Kissinger is 100 and absolutely as sharp mentally when it comes to US- China relations as he’s ever been, Ben Stein still writing thought provoking articles at almost 80. Warren Buffet can probably still balance a checkbook! Meanwhile Joe Biden’s been talking gibberish and saying really stupid things since he was in his 40’s! Cognitive acuity doesn’t have a set age for deterioration.
Good examples, but do you think those people represent the majority in their respective age ranges? Do you think we should write policies around the top people in every field, as if the rest of the population will be similar?

You continue harping on a point that I'm not making. I'm not in favor of a one-size-fits all, arbitrary, nuclear button for certain things. You're arguing against that, because you're lazy, and want an easy thing against which to argue. I'm in favor of discussing the possibility of determining competency through testing or figuring out a way to filter people out of age-restricted activities based on.......wait for it..........age.
Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

JTFC…..we ALREADY HAVE a system where competency is determined based on….wait for it….WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS EVIDENCE OF INCOMPETENCY.

A system for determining competency that isn’t based solely on age, but on all factors of competency.

A system that protects due process of individuals.

“Filtering people out of age based activities” based upon age is completely circular and (when you limit determination of competency to age alone) completely arbitrary.

You’ve been provided multiple examples of age NOT being a standardized basis for determination of competency. Yet you persist. All you say is they missed your point. They didn’t miss your point. They contradicted your point.

You might as well say let’s discuss filtering people out of hair color based activities based upon….wait for it…hair color. It just as arbitrary and circular in reasoning.

Last edited:
Good examples, but do you think those people represent the majority in their respective age ranges? Do you think we should write policies around the top people in every field, as if the rest of the population will be similar?
Do you think we should write policies that takes away the rights and privileges of so-called “top people” despite them being fully capable and competent? Even in some situations, superior to the population at large irrespective of age?

If we only had a system in place that addressed the competency and capabilities of individuals based upon evidence of their individual capability and competency.

Wait……WE DO HAVE THAT SYSTEM.

Last edited:
And trust me, I do not usually seek to give the government more power. Quite the opposite. I was just curious if it could be on the table to discuss ways to keep certain people off the roads, out of office, etc....if they can no longer function appropriately. Sounds like the majority in this thread believe that's not a good idea.

No, the majority in this thread, recognize that we already have systems in place to keep certain people off the roads, out of office, etc. if they can no longer function appropriately.

I’ve told you how to keep people off the roads whom are incompetent. It exists. You also have points systems in most states…get enough tickets…lose your license.

Keeping people out of office who can longer function appropriately?

We call those elections.

Last edited:
No, the majority in this thread, recognize that we already have systems in place to keep certain people off the roads, out of office, etc. if they can no longer function appropriately.

I’ve told you how to keep people off the roads whom are incompetent. It exists. You also have points systems in most states…get enough tickets…lose your license.

We call those elections.
Ah, yes - elections... The most surefire way to get the best people to lead us...amiright?

The current system isn't doing its job. We still have incompetent people in office, on the roads, etc... I'd like a system that does better, that's all. Maybe we just need better enforcement of what's in place.

Last edited:

We call those elections.
My least favorite game to play is w the people who say they want a smaller govt and stick to the constitution.

Sure let’s vote in federal term limits for house and senate but let’s not get common sense gun reforms bc “you know I’m a 2A guy” and the founders were clear when they wrote the Constitution.

Let’s cut subsidies to green energy but don’t you dare touch my farm or O&G subsidies. Let’s stay out of Ukraine but did you see how Biden F’d up Niger.

Let’s cut back on subsidies for the ACA but let’s keep throwing $$ at the private defense industry where our defense budget is dang near a Trillion $.

How about bring manufacturing back to US as long as the plant is not in my backyard?

I’m not debating the merits of each of these topics bc I hope I can see down the middle and where both sides have some good points. I just don’t think one side is 100% right on any point and our refusal to honestly engage is bringing us to our knees bc we end up in binary choices where we are forced to choose which one is the least likely to Eff things up the most.

Ah, yes - elections... The most surefire way to get the best people to lead us...amiright?

The current system isn't doing its job. We still have incompetent people in office, on the roads, etc... I'd like a system that does better, that's all. Maybe we just need better enforcement of what's in place.
The system is fine. Not perfect, but fine. Our media sucks. Good people won’t go through that.

Sen. Mitch McConnell appears to freeze again at a Kentucky event
The Republican leader was silent for more than 30 seconds after being asked if he will run for re-election. He froze at a news conference in July

All you have to do is vote them out. This is a non issue. Ban OP and close thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

All you have to do is vote them out. This is a non issue. Ban OP and close thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
But most people lack the willpower to do that. Does anybody want to do so much as write or call their Congress person asking if he or she will support term limits?

Last edited:

It’s not just Mitch, these people have handlers running the show. The fact that Mitch’s staff aren’t alarmed about him having another moment like this makes me think it must be happening often behind closed doors, they’re used to it. They both should be sat down, but unfortunately their respective parties need them to remain as placeholders until after the next election. If McConnell retires then the KY Governor is sure to appoint a Democrat to replace him, and Pelosi is looking for Adam Schiff to take Feinstein’s seat. These two can be near death and they’re still going to be propped up until after the next election cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not just Mitch, these people have handlers running the show. The fact that Mitch’s staff aren’t alarmed about him having another moment like this makes me think it must be happening often behind closed doors, they’re used to it. They both should be sat down, but unfortunately their respective parties need them to remain as placeholders until after the next election. If McConnell retires then the KY Governor is sure to appoint a Democrat to replace him, and Pelosi is looking for Adam Schiff to take Feinstein’s seat. These two can be near death and they’re still going to be propped up until after the next election cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sen. Mitch McConnell's doctor clears him after freezing, says 'occasional lightheadedness' common​

Nikki Haley Calls Senate A 'Privileged Nursing Home' After McConnell Freezes​

Haley calls Senate "the most privileged nursing home," says it's time for McConnell, Feinstein to leave​

Nikki Haley Calls Senate A 'Privileged Nursing Home' After McConnell Freezes​

Haley calls Senate "the most privileged nursing home," says it's time for McConnell, Feinstein to leave​

We’ll isn’t she sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back