tie breakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad the squats play first thing tomorrow. With any luck they'll lose and be fully cooked then we can openly pull for tech to achieve the upset at night and officially lock ut out of the playoff regardless of title game outcome. Then we watch our game on Saturday almost completely at ease.

I'm glad the squats play first thing tomorrow. With any luck they'll lose and be fully cooked then we can openly pull for tech to achieve the upset at night and officially lock ut out of the playoff regardless of title game outcome. Then we watch our game on Saturday almost completely at ease.
I don't know if 'completely at ease' will apply to me on any game we play from here on out.

I don't know if 'completely at ease' will apply to me on any game we play from here on out.
Well not totally at ease, just mostly. Obviously want to win and get in, but if the squats lose then the worst that happens if we're not in is KSU makes it in our place, which is the next best option far as I'm concerned.

You’d rather have a second Bedlam than play Texas?

So are you guys telling me you understand the tie breaker rules in the event of a four way tie?

For what it’s worth, this predictor says that Texas and OSU are in the CCG in the event of a four way tie.

So yeah, Tuck Fexas. And OU while we’re busy Tucking teams.

Yep put it back in the closet cause tcu is a special kind of terrible

As much as it pains me, I agree. I’m not 100% confident that the Pokes get into CCG if all the tiebreaker conditions get applied to a 4way tie. Iowa state is one of two common opponents (Kansas is the other) between OSU, UT, KSU, and OU, But only OSU got beat by ISU.

And depending on my understanding of the tiebreaker rules, a 4way tie could result in an OSU-OU CCG. I would rather play Texas. Just cuz.

Last edited:
As much as it pains me, I agree. I’m not 100% confident that the Pokes get into CCG if all the tiebreaker conditions get applied to a 4way tie. Iowa state is one of two common opponents (Kansas is the other) between OSU, UT, KSU, and OU, But only OSU got beat by ISU.
We get excluded first in that scenario but what the big 12 does is the use the tiebreaker to get to 1 seeded team. That tiebreaker we get last on seats Texas as 1. Then the multi team tiebreaker starts over as a 3 way tie of OU OSU and KSU. That gets us the #2 seed.

We get excluded first in that scenario but what the big 12 does is the use the tiebreaker to get to 1 seeded team. That tiebreaker we get last on seats Texas as 1. Then the multi team tiebreaker starts over as a 3 way tie of OU OSU and KSU. That gets us the #2 seed.
We really need to win.

What part or language of the tiebreaker language gets the Pokes excluded first in a four way tie?

What part or language of the tiebreaker language gets the Pokes excluded first in a four way tie?
Yea I'm pretty sure it's the opposite we end up #1 by way of win % against other 4-way tie teams. And the only way that tie happens is if ISU loses, dropping them to 4 total same as KU (assuming KU beats cincy), who they lost to, so KU is first common opponent. Meaning see ya squats you're out.

In a 4 way tie, us and OU are excluded because we are 1-1 vs the aggregate of KU and ISU who will be tied if KU wins vs Cinci and KSU wins vs ISU. That means Texas and KSU are 2-0 and Texas has head to head so they are the 1 Seed. Then the 3 remaining teams (us OU and KSU) start back over as Multi team tiebreaker. We end up getting the 2 Seed because of head to head.

It's simple. Texas wins, they're in. If we win, we're in. Let's not have a repeat of the UCF debacle. We should have no problem with BYU. Of course, that's what I thought with the UCF game.

Win the game like we're supposed to and we're in. To be honest, after we were obliterated by South Alabama, I don't think any of us believed we'd be here. If we go to the Big 12 championship, this should be considered one of - if not THE - best coaching job's of Gundy's tenure based on how everything started and possibly ends. Gundy, you're in unbelievable. NOW WIN THE GAME TOMORROW

It's simple. Texas wins, they're in. If we win, we're in. Let's not have a repeat of the UCF debacle. We should have no problem with BYU. Of course, that's what I thought with the UCF game.

Win the game like we're supposed to and we're in. To be honest, after we were obliterated by South Alabama, I don't think any of us believed we'd be here. If we go to the Big 12 championship, this should be considered one of - if not THE - best coaching job's of Gundy's tenure based on how everything started and possibly ends. Gundy, you're in unbelievable. NOW WIN THE GAME TOMORROW
Vegas had us at like -3 1/2 for the UCF game. Last line I saw for BYU was Pokes -16 1/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back