Republican infighting

Mitch McConnell: "I think the demonization of Ukraine began by Tucker Carlson, who in my opinion ended up where he should've been all along, which is interviewing Vladimir Putin"

Mitch McConnell: "I think the demonization of Ukraine began by Tucker Carlson, who in my opinion ended up where he should've been all along, which is interviewing Vladimir Putin"

Moscow Mitch acting all innocent and sh-t.

Blackballed former Wisconsin GOP operative takes aim at new leader by revealing scheming 2020 texts​

Af ormer Wisconsin GOP operative accused the new executive director of the Wisconsin Republican Party, Andrew Iverson, of attempting to “wreak havoc” on Election Day 2020.

Carlton Huffman, the whistleblower, released photos of text messages Iverson sent on Election Day, with Iverson telling Huffman to "wreak havoc" by having Trump supporters inundate a nonprofit organization that was offering to drive voters to the polls with calls.

At the time, Iverson was the state's head of Trump Victory, a joint operation of the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee.

While Iverson has not denied the authenticity of the texts, Huffman has a scandal-laden recent history, and he is not an ideal source, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and the current communications director of the Wisconsin GOP.

“The real story here is Carlton Huffman, a known white supremacist, was caught lying to the press by spreading falsehoods about former colleagues. Andrew Iverson is a man of integrity who is committed to electing Republicans by earning the trust and votes of Wisconsinites,” Matt Fisher, communications director of the Wisconsin GOP, told the Washington Examiner. Iverson is responsible for day-to-day operations in his role as executive director.

Huffman currently has a restraining order against him for sending a racist text message to another Republican Party official. He was also fired from another job for being “pro-White.”

In 2020, on the morning of Election Day, Iverson told people involved with the Trump campaign to “wreak havoc” on Election Day.

"Can Mario (Herrera, head of Hispanic outreach for Trump Victory) help get some Trump supporters to participate in Souls to the Polls?" Iverson asked Huffman at 9:45 a.m. on Nov. 3, 2020. "'Can't wait to go vote for President Trump!' [Wearing] MAGA hat or something."

"I'm excited about this. Wreak havoc," Iverson then said to Huffman. "For the afternoon and they'll make it clear they're excited to vote for Trump?"

Huffman seemed open to the idea, corresponding with Herrera.

"Know some people who wanna F*** with the Dems," Huffman texted Herrera. Herrera responded, “How?”

"Have our people spam their souls to the polls hotline. … Just say they want a ride and be wearing their trump stuff," Huffman said.

Souls to the Polls is a Milwaukee-based nonprofit organization that offers free transportation to the polls on Election Day. It has since called on Iverson to resign from his position.

"Once again, this is a clear and blatant example of voter suppression — of people in power trying to silence our voices," Greg Lewis, Souls to the Polls Wisconsin executive director, said in a statement. "They tried to stop Souls to the Polls and Black voters in my community. We don’t take threats to our right to vote lightly."

Iverson claims he was joking at the time of the text messages.

“I got into politics because I love my state and want to ensure that every single Wisconsite that is legally allowed to vote has the opportunity to do so. In 2020, I jokingly offered a scenario of Trump supporters utilizing a Democrat-aligned GOTV effort to ensure Republicans also made it out to the polls. It was a spur of the moment thought and nothing more came of it,”
Iverson said in a statement.

Shockingly enough Mike Adams, a much discredited far-right Christian conspiracy nut and quack, has declared that he is done with the GOP. This is because the GOP is completely controlled by Israel. He cannot support that. He called Gov. Abbot and Sen. Cruise puppets of Israel and work for the Zionists. He called the GOP like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you're going to get. He expects to vote for nobody and time for a 3rd party.

https://www.brighteon.com/9bc098fb-f566-4bdb-9540-c0bf63d79e7a

House back in turmoil: Marjorie Taylor Greene makes her move to oust Speaker Mike Johnson​

WASHINGTON – Conservative firebrand Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., said on Wednesday she's calling up a vote next week to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., setting up a high-stakes clash inside her own party and where Democrats are vowing to help avoid another lengthy vacancy in the job that is second in line of succession to the presidency.

Greene's move is unlikely to succeed but still is certain to roil internal GOP tension as she continues to target Johnson, the most powerful elected Republican in the country.

Johnson has been defiant in the face of the existential threat to his speakership, saying he has no intention of resigning from his post as a vast majority of his conference backs him. House Democrats on Tuesday promised to kill any effort from Greene to oust him from his speakership.

Greene, a second-term Georgia lawmaker, initially filed her motion that can lead to the removal of a House speaker in March. After weeks of threats, she said on Wednesday that she'll move next week to force a floor vote.

"I voted for Mike Johnson because his voting record before he became speaker was conservative," Greene said at a press conference on Wednesday morning outside the U.S. Capitol. "But once he became speaker, he has become a man that none of us recognize."

The coming showdown has the potential to plunge the House into chaos once again after the lower chamber has already seen the ouster of its last GOP speaker, former Rep. Kevin McCarthy. Finding a replacement for the California Republican took three weeks amid significant GOP infighting, with former President Donald Trump demonstrating his power over the party by making public statements that undercut support for one of the leading candidates.

"This motion is wrong for the Republican Conference, wrong for the institution, and wrong for the country," Johnson said in a statement following Greene's announcement.

Johnson also dismissed Greene's threat to oust him, suggesting to NewsNation in an interview that she is not a serious lawmaker: "Bless her heart."

"I'm not into personal attacks. That's not why I'm doing this." Greene said, responding to the speaker's comments and eliciting laughter at her press conference. "This has nothing to do with Mike Johnson as a person but this is about his job performance."

'A warm hug and a big wet sloppy kiss'​

Greene, along with Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., announced her plans to force a House vote while flanked by two posters of Johnson embracing House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., when he was elected speaker last year. She claimed Johnson has given Democrats "everything they want."

"We have Hakeem Jeffries and the Democrats coming out, embracing Mike Johnson with a warm hug and a big wet sloppy kiss and they are ready, they have endorsed him, they are ready to support him as speaker," Greene said.

Another potential leadership crisis has raised significant concerns among Republicans about how it would reflect on the party in a critical election year. It's also not clear who could succeed Johnson if the speakership were to be rendered vacant, but eyes would immediately turn to those who sought the job last year, including House Majority Leader Steve Scalise, R-La., House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and House Majority Whip Tom Emmer, R-Minn.

But it's still uncertain whether any of those potential lawmakers could earn the near-unanimous support needed from Republicans to become speaker. Greene declined to offer up an alternative candidate but said she thinks "we have people that are capable."

While Greene appeared to be a lone dissenter at first, fellow conservative hardliner Massie, joined her effort in mid-April, calling on Johnson to resign or else face a vote of no confidence on the House floor. Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., became Greene's third public supporter a few days later.

A vast majority of both Republicans and Democrats are expected to dismiss Greene's motion, but the conservative firebrand defended her move, saying the motion would allow Americans to see who supports the speaker.

"I can't wait to see Democrats go out and support a Republican speaker," Greene said. "I also can't wait to see my Republican conference show their cards and show who we are because voters deserve it."

Greene's call to force a vote to oust Johnson comes after the House passed a set of long-awaited foreign aid bills funding key U.S. allies including Ukraine and Israel.

Conservatives repeatedly pushed Johnson to tie strict GOP-backed border and immigration policy changes to any foreign aid package. But with a Democratic-controlled Senate and White House, such a maneuver would have killed any chance of Congress passing foreign aid, which advocates described as essential to national security.

Johnson long dithered on the issue under intense pressure from conservatives but the speaker made a remarkable change of attitude, particularly with funding Ukraine.

"My philosophy is you do the right thing and you let the chips fall where they may," Johnson told reporters in April. He said that he if had operated out of fear he wouldn't be able to do his job.

"History judges us and what we do," the Louisiana Republican added. "This is a critical time right now, a critical time on the world stage. I can make a selfish decision and do something that's different but I'm doing here what I believe to be the right thing."

Johnson has given personal reasons for why he's supportive of aiding Ukraine, noting his son is set to begin at the U.S. Naval Academy in the fall.

"This is a live fire exercise for me, as it is so many American families," the House speaker said. "This is not a game. This is not a joke. We can't play politics with this."

At Wednesday's press conference, Greene held up a hat that read "MUGA," playing off Trump's "Make America Great Again" slogan that took root in the 2016 presidential campaign. She said the "uniparty is make Ukraine great again. The uniparty is about funding every single foreign war. They think this is the business model that needs to be done."

State Senator leaves Missouri Senate Freedom Caucus after 40-hour filibuster

– Approximately 12 hours after the Freedom Caucus in the Missouri Senate ended a 40-hour filibuster, one of its members resigned citing the behaviors and actions of the group.

Sen. Jill Carter, R-Joplin, said her departure is best to represent the members of her district.

“Over the past few months, it has become increasingly clear that the values and priorities that some current members of the Missouri State Freedom Caucus profess to champion are not reflected in conversations, behaviors or their strategy,” Carter said in a post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. “While I remain loyal to the same conservative principles and the advancement of legislation that benefits our state and my constituents, I can no longer, in good conscience, be part of behaviors and actions behind the scenes that defames grassroots and violates the needs of my constituents.”

The Freedom Caucus began their filibuster when debate on a bill to renew a tax on health care organizations to provide approximately $4 billion for the state’s Medicaid program was brought up for debate. Led by Sen. Bill Eigel, R-Weldon Spring, and a candidate for the GOP nomination for governor, the Freedom Caucus stated two demands as they began the filibuster.

First, they demanded Republican Gov. Mike Parson sign a bill to prohibit funding of organizations affiliated with abortion providers. Second, they wanted a bill changing how voters approve changes to the Missouri Constitution, passed in the House, be brought up for a vote in the Senate.

“I’m sick of weak-kneed so-called Republicans who let The Swamp govern them,” Eigel said in a statement issued by his campaign late Wednesday night. “The people sent me here, and I’ll fight with everything in me to advance our conservative agenda. A reckoning is coming.”

A coalition of Missouri’s largest health care organizations and the Missouri Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday issued a statement urging Eigel and the Freedom Caucus to immediately stop the filibuster blocking the legislation, known as the Federal Reimbursement Allowance.

“With only two weeks remaining to pass crucial legislation, it is imperative to remind Sen. Eigel that seeking higher office does not absolve him of his current duties,” according to the joint statement. “Effective governance requires more than grandstanding for media attention – it demands a steadfast commitment to serving the public.”

The Senate didn’t hold a session as it typically does on Thursday mornings and won’t convene until Monday afternoon. The deadline for completing the state budget is May 10. With only days remaining, there might not be enough time to resolve conflicts between the House and Senate versions of the budget.

“I think for the past three or four years now, it's been, ‘Are they going to get it done in time?’” House Minority Leader Crystal Quade, D-Springfield, and candidate for her party’s nomination for governor, told reporters Thursday. “And they always seem to manage to do so. But it wouldn't be the first time that we would have to do a special (session) for the budget. So we'll see what happens.”

Back