Quakes!

Felt and heard my very first earthquake. Checked that off the list. We can stop now.

That one lasted a long time. I was sound asleep and woke to the bed shaking. My wife was still out in the living room watching TV, but I thought the dog must've got in bed with me and was scratching himself making the bed shake. Felt around and no dog. Then thought maybe a storm shaking the house? Because that's right about when the rain (the little we got at my house) was coming through Edmond.

I am in Pott county...my house shook hard ,swaying back & forth, for 15-20 sec with a long rumble after...5.1.
I thinl the one in 2016 was 4.5...

My house cannot handle much more of this. 1946...brick. The brick (wall) fence already has 4 major vertical cracks.

That one lasted a long time. I was sound asleep and woke to the bed shaking. My wife was still out in the living room watching TV, but I thought the dog must've got in bed with me and was scratching himself making the bed shake. Felt around and no dog. Then thought maybe a storm shaking the house? Because that's right about when the rain (the little we got at my house) was coming through Edmond.

I am in Pott county...my house shook hard ,swaying back & forth, for 15-20 sec with a long rumble after...5.1.
I thinl the one in 2016 was 4.5...

My house cannot handle much more of this. 1946...brick. The brick (wall) fence already has 4 major vertical cracks.
Went hard east to west for at least 10 seconds. Then north south another 10. Then it felt like the land just stopped shaking and settled downwards for a few more seconds.

Back