Post game press conferences

gopokes83

Maybe use this post going forward, but anyone have a link to last night’s game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So he says out coached 2-3 times at least. We hear that way too often in the press conferences for no change in coaching to occur. I’m not going to throw out his salary again because it’s irrelevant, if it’s your job at 30 grand to hire coaches capable to do their job then do that! Do your job!! Also he mentions our O line can’t stop anyone and that causes problems for our running and passing game. No kiddin. Also our defense can’t stop the run. Good talk coach, good talk.

Yeah, he gets out-coached a lot, and nothing ever changes. Good for him he's got lifetime tenure and can never be fired. Great time for our program to go down the toilet.

He says we get out coached entirely too often.

But we didn’t just get out coached. They’re players kicked our players’ butts. Every which way from Sunday.

I don’t think we got out coached at all, at least from an in-game standpoint. I mean our coaches have failed us in training camp, on the practice field, and on the recruiting trail. But at the end of the day, they just had better players. No amount of in-game coaching was going to change the result.

I don’t think we got out coached at all, at least from an in-game standpoint. I mean our coaches have failed us in training camp, on the practice field, and on the recruiting trail. But at the end of the day, they just had better players. No amount of in-game coaching was going to change the result.

Clint you’re saying that higher caliber athletes would choose a D1 team in Mobile with a (very nice 3 year old) stadium that has an average attendance of 16k per game over a Big 12 program? I’m def not discounting your opinion, but I just don’t see that happening. That’s like players choosing to stay in HS rather than play in college. I think we have much better athletes on the field, so it has to roll back to lack of coaching, schemes, and the ability to get the guys up and ready to play. Just my opinion, but there seems to have been some disconnect in this program for the last few years. I think MG is either totally oblivious to what it takes to coach these days or the game has just passed him by, and his schemes are as outdated as that mullet.

Clint you’re saying that higher caliber athletes would choose a D1 team in Mobile with a (very nice 3 year old) stadium that has an average attendance of 16k per game over a Big 12 program? I’m def not discounting your opinion, but I just don’t see that happening. That’s like players choosing to stay in HS rather than play in college. I think we have much better athletes on the field, so it has to roll back to lack of coaching, schemes, and the ability to get the guys up and ready to play. Just my opinion, but there seems to have been some disconnect in this program for the last few years. I think MG is either totally oblivious to what it takes to coach these days or the game has just passed him by, and his schemes are as outdated as that mullet.

I doubt we were going head to head with USA on recruits so it wasnt that their players chose USA over OSU. It’s about talent evaluation and talent development. OSU has never been a school that was a perennial top 5 to 10 in recruiting. But we found those diamonds in the rough and developed them into good players. That’s what we’re missing now and likely what USA is doing on a smaller scale.

I get what you’re saying. On paper OSU had better players. But these games aren’t played on paper. ND State blew out Central Ark and Fresno annihilated ASU. Those are games we struggled in mightily. USA would hammer both of those teams. I’m telling you, this was no aberration, USA is flat out better than we are as of September 2023. Maybe that changes with new motivation and a few months of hard work.

We do not have better athletes than Southern Alabama. It was so obvious....We have a few guys like Pressley or Gordon or Oliver, but in general on both sides of the ball they were better all around. Our stupid qb round table and lack of getting the ball to Gordon or Pressley sure don't help, but I'm telling you Southern Alabama was had the better athletes.

We do not have better athletes than Southern Alabama. It was so obvious....We have a few guys like Pressley or Gordon or Oliver, but in general on both sides of the ball they were better all around. Our stupid qb round table and lack of getting the ball to Gordon or Pressley sure don't help, but I'm telling you Southern Alabama was had the better athletes.
They were clearly better in the trenches and at QB.

Back